Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 - Google Cookies

Windows 7 on my Acer Netbook I have problem viewing my Gmail

I have used my netbook new in February to view my mail and until yesterday I was able to view my Gmail with out any problems.

The last two days I have had a message when I go to log on:
    WE'VE DETECTED A PROBLEM WITH YOUR COOKIE SETTINGS~ENABLE COOKIES. They are enabled and I can read Windows Live OK. The message suggests that I clear my Cache of Cookies I have deleted my temporary files but if I delete the cookies surely that will mean that I will have to sign into all the sites with my saved passwords all over again. Is this correct as I do not fancy this happening too often.

I have no problem in reading my Gmail on a Vista or XP PC and only use the netbook once in a while.
    Help most welcome in very simple language please.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Margaret, you can clear individual cookies rather than all of them, so you could just clear any Google related ones. And if you use CCleaner, you can elect to keep selected cookies by going to Options, then Cookies and moving them from the left panel to the right. Then whenever you run CCleaner it will only delete the ones you want to clear. If you have a lot of cookies and want to keep a majority of them, click on one cookie in the left panel, then press Ctrl+A to select them all. Click on the arrow to move them to the right and then select the ones you don't want to keep and move them back to the left.
    Last edited by lorry53; 06-08-11, 08:15.
    Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

Hi Lorry,

Great information as usual and while playing with your instructions I found a box to tick which gave me an option to protect cookies which had a password and used regulary.
      It has worked but what a funny system
      Last edited by Margaret N; 06-08-11, 13:16.
      Margaret N
      DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Working...
      X