FMP sub needed to get 1891 household transcript information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMP sub needed to get 1891 household transcript information

Could someone with an FMP sub help me with getting an household transcript please for my great great grandfather.

On the FMP 1891 census search screen i put in henry for first name and left surname blank. put 1866 for year of birth +/- 1 year. with occupation of porter and changed county to london and hit search. Reordered in name order and there should be one name at the top. Henry ? in Holborn year of birth 1866.

Thanks.
    Attached Files
    Craig

address is :119, Duncan Buildings, Half Moon Court, St Andrew Holborn Above The Bars And St George The, Holborn.

henry eevenich? 25, b.london. a porter. hes single and lives on his own.

the surname def starts with 'e'.

Comment

Thanks..... i did do the same search but just with margaret born 1890 and london and it also came up in holborn... does this margaret match this henry?
      Craig

Comment

address is : 49, Galway Street, St Luke, London

margaret mimmick- b.1890, london. dau of william b.1859, germany sack maker and margaret b.1862 poland dress maker. a brother walter b.1884 bermondsey london.

Comment

Thanks kyle.. another hunch of mine is wrong..i gotta keep looking...
          Craig

Comment

ok got some more details... could someone with a fmp sub tell me who is living at 33 gee street st luke holborn london on 1891 census.

thanks.
            Craig

Comment

have sent you an email

Comment

thanks kylejustin for that. it seems i'm gonna have to try to harder to find my great grandmother (aged 1) and her parents on this census... one day i guess lol...even if i have to look through every house in gee street, whistler street islington and maybe others to find them. more than likely they have been mistranscribed badly. i have tried various spellings to no avail...
                Craig

Comment

well if you have ancestry you can trawl through the images. or if you dont, you could do it at the library? make a note of where you were up too?

Comment

here is a list of missing districts etc for the 1891 census according the national archives:

maybe you will recognise a district or town?

Comment

thanks for the link... from the link i can say that they should be on the census...somewhere
                      Craig

Comment

hi Craig,

gimme a mo I have found Gee St, in Ancestry
                        Julie
                        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Craig - who are you looking for. Can you give us the names/year & place of birth - or have we already tried for you before??
                          Elaine

Comment

I think it is Margaret Bursill b.1890 parents henry/sarah we have found them on other census but not the 1891. she was reg'd in holborn dist 1890.

the main bulk we did on this thread

Last edited by Darksecretz; 26-08-11, 13:52.
                            Julie

Comment

Cheers Julie.
                              Will have a look but from what I can see you have probably exhausted all avenues!
                              Elaine

Comment

mm its a bad name though to be mistrans, which doesnt help either!! appreciate anything you can find Elaine
                                Julie

Comment

yes, a tough one to say the least Elaine... with the miss spellings of Bursill that has been found on the various censuses i don't know where to search next...
                                  Craig

Comment

Originally posted by cpdavis35 View Post
                                    ok got some more details... could someone with a fmp sub tell me who is living at 33 gee street st luke holborn london on 1891 census.

thanks.
                                    Not sure what the significance of 33 Gee Street is - ? from Margaret's birth certificate?
                                    The reason I ask is there is a baptism on Ancestry of a Margaret Purcell, parents Henry (occ. porter) and Sarah - 33 Gee Street
                                    Could Burshill have been misheard - and the vicar thought it was Purcell?

Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                                      Not sure what the significance of 33 Gee Street is - ? from Margaret's birth certificate?
                                      The reason I ask is there is a baptism on Ancestry of a Margaret Purcell, parents Henry (occ. porter) and Sarah - 33 Gee Street
                                      Could Burshill have been misheard - and the vicar thought it was Purcell?

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...recoff=9+31+43

Hi Elaine,

Yes, 33 Gee Street is on Margaret's birth cert. But her parents Henry & Sarah must have moved to another house after she was born 1890 and before the 1891 census.

What details are on this baptism?

Thanks Elaine.
                                      Craig

Comment

London, England, Births and Baptisms
                                        Margaret Purcell
                                        Born: 18th August 1890
                                        Baptism Date: 7 Sep 1890, St. Pauls, Clerkenwell, Islington.
                                        Henry Purcell - occ. Porter
                                        Sarah Purcell
                                        Address: 33 Gee Street
                                        Elaine

Comment

Working...
                                        X