Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plenty of help required please!

Hi

I am trying to finish a book i am creating via Ancestry for my mums birthday in April and im hoping to find my last remaining death certificates without spending loads of pennies. So i have the following people and i was wondering if people can take a look and see if they can see anything difinitive (sp?) before i go ordering certs on the hoping its one of the first i order rather than the last!

OK what i have is:

William Thomas Elliott born 28th August 1854 in Gateshead, Durham. Married Ellen Wemyss Davidson on 19th February 1879. just managed to find him in the 1911 census, having told a porkie pie about his age which cost me quite a bit in credits! However i now have the worlds supply of William Elliotts' dying in Newcastle after 1911, 4 of which are within 2 years of his birth year going all the way up to the ripe old age of 95!! (and thats presuming death is even registered specifically in Newcastle!)

Ann Brown born c1828 married Thomas Elliott on 19th October 1951 in Newcastle. Residence listed as Manor chare. Father is Thomas, his occupation is book binder (looks like that to me). However i am unable to conclusively find her in 1841 or 1851 and i cannot find a Thomas Brown with that occupation (or similar) at all. There is an Ann Elliott death in 1898 with birth 1829, but in Tynemouth not Newcastle.

Ann Davidson born c1828 in Newcastle. Father listed as William a sawyer so just wondered if anyone can find him.

Thomas Vinter born c1819 in Lincolnshire. "married" Martha Robson and lived in York with her and her mother from 1851 - 1861. All children born 1851 - 1861 are recorded as being from Thomas either by certificate or with the surname (first two as Vinter/Ventor, second two as Vintor Robson). Martha then marries Thomas Dinsdale and Thomas Vinter is no longer found.

William Elliott married to Isabella Cunninham in 1823 in Newcastle. found in 1841 (Occ labourer), by 1851 Isabella is a widow. Again there are a million William Elliott death registrations between 1841 and 1851. Isabella then disappears after 1851. (the 1861 census with a daughter Ann is not mine (not unless she learnt the trade of a whitesmith and had a daughter who didnt exist in 1851!)

If anyone can find any more information or any way of narrowing down buying loads of certs that would be great!
    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Just to say, are you sure that Thomas Vinter and Thomas Dinsdale are seperate people? I have an ancestor who changed his surname but kept his first name, and you say you can't find thomas vinter after the marriage. What about the other way round, can you find thomas dinsdale before that marriage, or does he suddenly appear?
    Good luck
    Darannon

Comment

Unfortunatly he does appear in 1861 with a wife and son william, who also appears with the family after the marriage
      Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Comment

Do the two Thomases have different occupations, or could it be one person living a double life?

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

sorry for the delay, for some reason i cant access the site at home.

Thomas Vinter is a Labourer and Thomas Dinsdale is a Tailor

In 1881 Thomas Dinsdale lists Matthew Robson as Step son but oddly puts down William Smith (my distant grandmothers son from her first marriage) as grandson. William Dinsdale is listed as son

In 1871 the Robson children are listed as in-law (which i know is step son/daughter)

Unfortunatly Ancestry seem to have totally messed up 1861 as not only do they not appear on the page they say, but almost all of the names on the pages do not match what Ancestry say they should be. however on the search page he is with wife Ann and son William

1851 living with Ann's father and listed as a Tailor. Thomas Vinter is living with Martha Robson and her mother
          Robyne

Comment

Also, i have just noticed that in 1871 Hannah Vinter marries and her father is listed as Thomas Robson (deceased) (the last couple of children are registered at father Thomas Robson, mother Robson formerly Robson. however they have the Vinter/ Ventor middle name)
            Robyne

Comment

Working...
            X