No announcement yet.

Which church does this refer to please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which church does this refer to please?

I've got an IGI batch number but I can't find a reference to which church it belongs to. I've tried the Hugh Wallis link in the reference library. Can someone please help?

The number is C751293 and it's in Cheshire, England

It's in Nantwich, Cheshire, England
    from familysearch.org by typing in C751293 in the batch file field

Comment

Be aware that this batch is not an extracted one. I cannot trace the batch to source, so I don't know exactly what records it consists of, but it is some sort of submitted record.

OC

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
        Be aware that this batch is not an extracted one. I cannot trace the batch to source, so I don't know exactly what records it consists of, but it is some sort of submitted record.

OC
        That's unusual for a baptism batch beginning with a C. They usually are extracted.

Is there nothing from this?
        Indexing Project (Batch) Number: C75129-3
        System Origin: England-VR
        Source Film Number: 1836189
        Reference Number: p 58 #460

Christine
        Last edited by Christine in Herts; 04-08-11, 10:16.
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I think I see what you mean: the film number doesn't give a place-match... Yes it does! There's a suppressed zero at the front.

Bishop's transcripts for Nantwich, 1596-1894
          Church of England. Parish Church of Nantwich (Cheshire)
          Chrisitne
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Ah, thankyou Christine, it was the lack of the zero which made me say it was submitted! I have (very occasionally) come across rogue batches beginning with C, which when traced to source, turn out to be from records SUBMITTED by a church member many years ago, presumably before the LDS refined their batch numbering.

Incidentally, I don't call BTs extracted records in the strictest sense, although of course if it is the only surviving record then it's better than nothing.

OC

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
              Ah, thankyou Christine, it was the lack of the zero which made me say it was submitted! I have (very occasionally) come across rogue batches beginning with C, which when traced to source, turn out to be from records SUBMITTED by a church member many years ago, presumably before the LDS refined their batch numbering.

Incidentally, I don't call BTs extracted records in the strictest sense, although of course if it is the only surviving record then it's better than nothing.

OC
              Yes Bishops Transcripts aren't quite the same as Parish Registers - but more in the nature of extracts than are submissions, in general. I gather that - just occasionally - you get more from the transcripts for some reason. ... Or maybe I'm just thinking in terms of the occasions you've mentioned, when the original registers aren't available for some reason.

Christine

Comment

St. Mary & St. Nicholas C of E is the one given as main parish church for Nantwich on Genuki. I will add this to my notes. Many thanks folks.

Comment

Working...
                X