IGI batch number search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IGI batch number search

it appears that http://www.familysearch.org/ENG/Sear...lear_form=true does not now work if you enter a batch number and a surname. Can anyone confirm this ?
    Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on
    http://mjfisher.tribalpages.com

I have always gone into the English batch numbers from the following link

edit

seems that a search from counties on that link produce a "page cannot be found" message
    Last edited by Glen in Tinsel Knickers; 31-07-11, 11:42.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

It was from Hugh Wallis's site the the problem came up, but it appears it doesn't work on the IGI, but does work on the new search if you put the batch number in the advanced search option
      Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on
      http://mjfisher.tribalpages.com

Comment

I was able to use it very recently, after have a brief spell of it not working. But the Hugh Wallis system isn't working for me today. In fact, I can't even get the old search to work with a batch number: it reports back in the new format, taking no noticeable account of what I'd entered... sorry, it did confine itself to the batch number, but ignored the surname.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Yes, I had the same result as Christine when I tried to enter a batch number on the old site yesterday.

It'll be a pity if it doesn't work in future, because if there are a lot of names to look at, it's much easier on the old site than the new one.

Comment

yes ive been putting in batch numbers and they go to the pilot site, but ignore the search terms. i get the batch num, but n names i searched for. so frustrating!

Comment

According to the August edition of Your Family History Magazine, Family Search has reinstated IGI batch numbers on its new site for anybody who was disconcerted by their disappearance. Find out more about them at:

Janet

Comment

Use
                Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

enter batch number and surname.
                Cheers
                Guy
                Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

Originally posted by Guy View Post
                  Use
                  Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

enter batch number and surname.
                  Cheers
                  Guy
                  Thanks for that, Guy.

So we can still use the Hugh Wallis lists of batch numbers - they just won't link into the FamilySearch system directly anymore.

Christine
                  Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
                  X