Help please - 1911 census ref.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please - 1911 census ref.

According to GR, Lucy Bryan born 1867 Enfield, is in an institution in Brentford in 1911. She also appears to have Florence aged 7 and Nelie (sp.) aged 3 (both born Twickenham) with her. I've found Florence's birth in Twickenham in 1904 but the closest Nel(l)ie seems to be born in Marylebone in 1908.

I've been through 6 institutions (3 in ED 60-62 which is Ealing and 3 in ED 20-22 which is Twickenham). After trawling through long folorn lists of orphans of unknown birthplace and the entire company of Kneller Hall military school of music, I think I need some help. Parish and enumeration district would help enormously.
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Lucy, aged 44 born Enfield was a servant at 34 St Kilda Rd, West Ealing Brentford reg district. Reference RG14PN6904 RG78PN343B RD128 SD4 ED37 SN93
    No children with her.

The two girls were at Percy House Schools, (Brentford Union) Isleworth RG14PN6833 RD128 SD1 ED28 SN1
    Last edited by JudithM; 30-07-11, 21:36.
    Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

dont forget John that 'Nellies' could be Ellen or Eleanor or even Helen!!
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thanks for finding them, Judith. I'll assume that the children are nothing to do with Lucy. One "accident" might be possible, but two is less likely. It's a distant strand of OH's tree, so I'm not going to look further into them. They don't seem to belong to any of my other Bryans.

Thanks for the hint, Julie.
        Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
        X