Deleting History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleting History

How do I delete History on my computer on my Vista Google Bar drop down menu it says delete History but not on my other Computer Xp so not sure what to do dont want to delete other things hope this makes sence and thank you for any advice.

Granabella

Go to Tools then Internet Options then Browsing History and delete you will then get a list of stuff you can tick to delete, hope this makes sense.
    Or install Ccleaner and run it every day its wonderful clears all the old rubbish.
    Download CCleaner 6.21 for Windows. Fast downloads of the latest free software! Click now

Comment

Thanks Val will do the first going to Tools I did look there but wasn't sure thought I might delete to much stuff will now have a go will also have a look at the ccleaner as my little netbook def needs cleaning out thanks again.

granabella

Comment

Just a thought Val do you use ccleaner as and when or do you download and keep on your Computer thanks again.

Granabella

Comment

you install it to your pc , I run mine every night before I switch off, there is a good tutorial tells you what to tick or untick , I untick the cookies .

Comment

Yes, you need to keep cookies as they are the things that log you into websites like ancestry etc.
            Margaret

Comment

Thank you Val and Margaret for your help.

Granabella

Comment

hello Val, where would the Tutorial be couldent find it i did untick the cookies and ran the others some thing finished i think i clicked on to Analyze so I clicked again right side forgotten now what it said but it wasent cancel and this came up I was a bit nervous dident want to do something silly This process will permanently delete files so not sure what to do now any help app thanks.

granabella

Comment

Val it says Run Cleaner

Granabella

Comment

yes that means it will delete all the files except the ones you unticked like cookies .
                    This wikiHow teaches you how to install and use the free CCleaner program on your Windows computer. CCleaner is a file cleaner that removes excess files, such as cookies, caches, and history, from your computer. Keep in mind that, while...

this might help

Comment

Hello again i seen to have acquired Google Chrome now is this something I want or need with Ccleaner I think I clicked onto something maybe by mistake other than that I think I am ok thank you again.

Granabella

Comment

Granabella, when you downloaded CCleaner there may been an option to download Google Chrome, which you probably didn't uncheck. It's just another browser and you don't need it, so if you don't plan to use it, just uninstall it.
                        Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

Thank you Lorry 53.

Granabella.

Comment

Working...
                          X