Clear All

• Anyone find this lot in 1911 please

Here they are in 1901

Joseph CAVENG Head born 1870 London Domestic Cook
    Mary Ann Wife born 1865 Westminster
    Joseph Harry Son born 1900 Torquay Devon

or any suggestions please
    Last edited by Guest; 29-07-11, 23:25.

sorry Val do you mean can anyone find them in 1911 and 1901? or wot? :smilee: ;)
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Here is the 1901 under the name Caveny

Class: RG13; Piece: 2060; Folio: 116; Page: 9.

Comment

sorry thats misleading have edited it now
        have them in 1901 thanks cant find them in 1911

Comment

I guess that you could try wildcarding? Cav**

I can't get on with Ancestrys 1911, it will be miles better when they get the search box sorted, (thats IF they are going to do it!, though as its already inplace for the rest of them I would think that it would be just a matter of adding the relevant info to their database)
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I can't help thinking they either changed their name or emigrated. I can't find anyone with that surname in any of the BMDs on Ancestry apart from the ones on FreeBMD
            Jackie

Comment

thanks Julie and Jackie I know Joseph senior's father died in Switzerland in 1915, but cannot find them on the migration records either

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                thanks Julie and Jackie I know Joseph senior's father died in Switzerland in 1915, but cannot find them on the migration records either
                Is there anything in the Will that's mentioned? - or is it just letters of admin? (Found the mention in the Probate lists.)
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I've not got the will Christine its just what I saw on Ancestry he left his money to his wife Maria, thanks for looking..

Comment

The trouble is that travel between England and the European mainland wasn't much documented. If the family had all gone off to Switzerland for a while, it could be hard to spot them.

Christine
                    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Are the Private Member Trees (listed four times - but probably just the one tree) on Ancestry yours, or is there someone else researching the CAVENG family?

And I noticed that there are another couple of CAVENG births around the same time as Joseph (1870), at least one of which dies aged only 7.

Christine

Comment

the one that died was Stephen Morezi Caveng the Brother of the Joseph born in 1870, didn't realise anybody else was researching them on Ancestry ??? thanks Christine will see what I can find out.

Comment

oh pooh its me

Comment

There's an earlier Joseph, too.
                            ~
                            Disappointing that the trees are your own. I did wonder.
                            ~
                            Christine

Comment

yes that Joseph is Josephs Father, it looks like nobody else is researching them?

Comment

Just did a google for the name Caveng and found this http://www.ready-now.net/e/einfuehrung.htm quite interesting and there were other results so might be worth having a look.
                                Margaret

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                                  yes that Joseph is Josephs Father, it looks like nobody else is researching them?
                                  No, I meant that the CAVENG births registered include:

Joseph ~ 1866q2 Strand, London AND 1870q3 Westminster, St. Margaret
                                  Stephen Morezi ~ 1868q3 St. James Westminster

and then Joseph Harry in 1900 in Torquay.

Of course, an unusual surname means it's vulnerable to mistranscription, not only in modern indexes, but in original records, where people weren't convinced about what they were hearing!

Christine

Comment

Thanks Margaret am going to look at that today and thanks again Christine
                                    I have Joseph Caveng born 1833 Switzerland died 1915 Switzerland
                                    Maria his wife born 1827 Germany cannot find her death yet ?
                                    Their Sons
                                    Stephen Morezi born 1868 Westminster died 1875
                                    Joseph born 1870 Westminster who married my rellie Mary Ann Woodcock in 1897 Westminster
                                    Their Son Joseph Harry born 1900 Torquay Devon

I did wonder if maybe it had been mistranscribed as Cavanagh

Wonder who the Joseph Caveng born in 1866 was ??? cannot find his death maybe he was their first born died and they named the next son after him ???

Comment

What was their religion?

It's possible that there could be life event records for them in some archive... if you knew where to look!

Christine

Comment

have no idea Christine thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                                        X