Fred Pearson where are you hiding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fred Pearson where are you hiding

Looking for Fred Pearson born 1878/1879 Exmouth,Devon son of Andrew and Eliza Pearson. Can anyone find him in 1901/1911 census please? He must have been around in 1911 as he fathered a child with Emma Willey Bodley in 1912, who had been a servant in Exmouth in 1911 census.

Where do you think he might be in 1911? I have got some results up but there are quite a few, none seem to come up when I search with the birth place included.
    Margaret

Comment

Here's Emma in 1911
      SMITH, Richard Wagstaff Head Married M 74 1837 Surgeon Retired Picton Nova Scotia B N A
      SMITH, Florence Edith Harriet Wife Married 27 years F 53 1858 Kirkhallam Derbyshire
      SMITH, Edith Mary Wagstaff Daughter Single F 24 1887 Harborne Staffordshire
      CORNISH, Alice Servant Single F 40 1871 General Servant Domestic Dunsford South Devon
      TAVAROR, Kate Servant Single F 50 1861 General Servant Domestic Kingsteignton South Devon
      PIKE, Lucy Servant Single F 23 1888 General Servant Domestic St Thomas Exeter Devon
      BODLEY, Emma Willie Servant Single F 20 1891 General Servant Domestic Dawlish South Devon
      RG number: RG14 Piece: 12576 Reference: RG14PN12576 RG78PN722 RD270 SD1 ED5 SN152

Registration District: St Thomas Sub District: Exmouth Enumeration District: 5 Parish: Littleham
      Address: Mount Rendell Douglas Avenue Exmouth County: Devonshire

Comment

Here's mum and dad in 1911

PEARSON, Andrew Head Married M 70 1841 General Agent Mackworth Derbyshire
        PEARSON, Eliza Wife Married 48 years F 66 1845 Countess Wear Exeter
        PEARSON, Reginald Son Single M 23 1888 Exmouth Devon
        CURTIS, Ethel Daughter Married F 29 1882 Exmouth Devon
        CURTIS, Marion Granddaughter F 54 1857 Breaston Oscon
        CURTIS, Queenie Granddaughter F 0 (3 MONTHS) 1911 Chapel St Exmouth
        RG number: RG14 Piece: 12578 Reference: RG14PN12578 RG78PN722 RD270 SD1 ED7 SN4

Registration District: St Thomas Sub District: Exmouth Enumeration District: 7 Parish: Withycombe Raleigh
        Address: Chapel St Exmouth Devon County: Devonshire

Comment

There's a Fred Pearson on the incoming passenger list
          Fred Pearson Birth Date: abt 1877 Age: 34
          Port of Departure: Montréal, Québec, Canada
          Arrival Date: 11 May 1911 Port of Arrival: Bristol, England
          His occuaption is Gas Stoker
          Could that be him?
          Margaret

Comment

Hi Margaret. Emma and Fred never married but had a son Reginald born 1912 in Dawlish, Devon, Emma's home town.. I started looking for Fred in Exmouth as I had found Emma working there in 1911 and as i couldn't find one in Dawlish I thought it likely. Fred the son of Andrew, was with his parents aged 13 as a scholar on the 1891 in Withycombe,Exmouth, but disappears after that. Emma and Fred also had a son born in 1916 who was adopted. Emma went on to marry which I found and found her death in Hampshire.

sunny

Comment

It's possible then that Fred went to Canada and came back so would be missing on 1901 and 1911.
              Didn't see a likely passenger list departure for Fred. Do the birth certificates show what Fred's occupation was?
              Margaret

Comment

Sounds possible doesn't it. I can't find a birth record for Reginald F Bodley in 1912, Emma and Fred's son. I have however brought up his death record in 1945 in Sodbury, Somerset which I know is him, so have just sent off for it, I am hoping that may give me some clues as to where he was born , hopefully then I could send for the birth certificate. I doubt whether Emma put Fred's name on the birth cert: but there is a chance.

sunny

Comment

what about this Birth
                  Reginald F B R Booley or Borley seems to have been mistranscribed ?? Mar 1912 Newton Abbot Devon 5B 158
                  Last edited by Guest; 29-07-11, 17:56.

Comment

Thanks Val, I do remember now that I had seen that entry & thought that may be him, (long time ago and I've been asleep since then!!!! LOL) I'll have a look at that next time I go to the Devon RO. Thanks again. Meanwhile I have sent for Reg's birth cert too.

sunny
                    Last edited by Sunny Rosy; 29-07-11, 19:32. Reason: to add

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                      what about this Birth
                      Reginald F B R Booley or Borley seems to have been mistranscribed ?? Mar 1912 Newton Abbot Devon 5B 158
                      That looks very likely. If you are not sure that Fred's name will be on the birth cert how do you know he is the father of Reginald and the other child?
                      Margaret

Comment

Margaret I am researching for Fred's granddaughter, and although they never married Fred was definitely Reg's dad.

sunny

Comment

Margaret and Val have p.m.'d you both.

sunny

Comment

Thanks for the pm, I fear you have a long trawl on your hands with this one unless you have some other identifying information for Fred as it is a fairly popular name.
                            Margaret

Comment

good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Sunny Rosy View Post
                                Sounds possible doesn't it. I can't find a birth record for Reginald F Bodley in 1912, Emma and Fred's son. I have however brought up his death record in 1945 in Sodbury, Somerset which I know is him, so have just sent off for it, I am hoping that may give me some clues as to where he was born , hopefully then I could send for the birth certificate. I doubt whether Emma put Fred's name on the birth cert: but there is a chance.

sunny
                                Not sure how much information you get on a death cert ref a person's place of birth and it is of course only as good as the informant knows. Hopefully the informant had good info.
                                Have you checked the probate register to see if he left a will?
                                Margaret

Comment

I am now looking into a Fred Pearson, in the Marines in Newton Abbot district on the 1911 Census , Emma's registration for Reg's birth is Newton Abbot. I agree it's not an easy task to find him, prolly more like impossible!LOL

sunny

Comment

That sounds like a good bet.

Here's that one in 1901
                                    Fred Pearson 32
                                    Eleanor Pearson 29
                                    Ada Pearson 9
                                    Fred Pearson 7
                                    Herbert Pearson 2

and the family in 1911
                                    PEARSON, Fred Head Married M 42 1869 Boiler Smith York York
                                    PEARSON, Eleanor Wife Married 20 years F 39 1872 York York
                                    PEARSON, Herbert Son M 12 1899 School Leeds Yorkshire
                                    PEARSON, Eleanor Daughter F 5 1906 School York Yorkshire
                                    PEARSON, Harold Son M 0 (2 MONTH) 1911 York Yorkshire

Quite a few people there to trace to see if you can find someone who knows what their relative Fred was doing.

Margaret

Comment

Originally posted by Sunny Rosy View Post
                                      I am now looking into a Fred Pearson, in the Marines in Newton Abbot district on the 1911 Census
                                      Newton Abbot RD includes most of Torbay, so he could be at the naval place at Dartmouth.
                                      Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

He's on the Isis in Torbay on the night of the census.
                                        Margaret

Comment

Working...
                                        X