Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who fancies a wee challenge????

Hello from the McMads!!!

I have a friend who needs some help in looking for information on a lost family member. Whilst I'm pretty good at the Scottish researching, I haven't got a clue about the English side of the border....

I would greatly appreciate it if there is anyone up for a bit of a challenge and could possibly help my pal out and find out some info on his lost Auntie.

Please pm if you'd like the info and could have a wee squizzy looky see for me.

Muchos gracias,

Jilly :-) xxx
    Jilly "keeping the grin gear working" McMad

http://JillysMcMadHouse.synthasite.com

I've sent you a PM
    Margaret

Comment

Jilly I can see the hidden info & I have messaged your friend on FB with a question & a sugestion. As I'm around most of the time would you like me to liase when you are not around?
      Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

Vivienne, I have sent a PM to see if access to current electoral rolls would help as I can do look up. Let me know if you need any help.
        Margaret

Comment

Will do if they want me to be a go between Margaret, I know Jilly can only really be here at night most of the time.
          They seem to think that she was taken from the home but in 1952 she would have been at work & probably left of her own accord, could even have married, just!

Comment

I can't find a birth registration in the name given for either the lady in question or her brother but I have found Jillys friends Mum.

Comment

I can't see the names so can't help. Can you PM me the details?
              Margaret

Comment

Found the birth registrations, brother & sister both in Tynemouth, I'm guessing Dad left the army or Mum left him in the army!

Comment

Does anyone have access to electorol records Newcastle/ Northumberland 1952+ ?

Comment

I don't think they will be online but the local library might be kind enough to look up a few years of an address for you if you email them.
                    Margaret

Comment

Not sure we have an address Margaret. The info that Jillys friend (I'll call him H) has from the home the children were sent to is that in Feb 1952 Lilian was too old for the home & she left with her father. She was the youngest & the others had already left.
                      I'm still waiting for H to get back to me to say if Mum has any other clues but if Lilian stayed in the Newcastle area then I have found 3 possible marriages for her in 1957/58 & 61. The first two registered in Newcastle & one in Northumberland south. I wondered if fathers address in '52 might have helped maybe weed out either the two Newcastle or the one Northumberland.
                      If you think you might be able to add to what I have found I'll pm you the details but unfortunately it's a VERY common name!

Comment

Whoops, just realised Jilly didn't put anything in the first post, sorry, got carried away!
                        H is looking for his Mums sister Lilian who was born in 1936. She was the youngest of 3 & H didn't know where she was born but I have found on the GRO, entries for both her & her brother Jack in Tynemouth.
                        In Dec 1938 all three were admitted to a home/orphanage in Newcastle & father promised to pay towards their keep. H's Mum Shirley went on to work as staff at the home from 1946- 1949 & Jack moved to a boys home in 1948 & worked as staff from 1951 - 1952.
                        I have also found the GRO ref for the parents marriage & Shirleys birth in Andover when their father was a lance corporal in the KOYLI.
                        The last address we have is in 1938 from where the children were admitted to the home.

Comment

thanks Viv..... being the liaise from here to FB (including me and H) would be great!!! I'm not always able to be on here as you said....

Margaret - I have pm'd you back with the details that I've been given - many thanks for your offer of help too :-)

I soooo hope we can find something for him - it would make his mum's day!!!!

xx
                          Jilly "keeping the grin gear working" McMad

http://JillysMcMadHouse.synthasite.com

Comment

There's a tree on Genesreunited with Lilian in it owned by Shirley G...... Member No. 3662408. Shall I contact them for info?
                            Margaret

Just realised that name is mentioned as part of the search is it a 'bait' tree??

Comment

Have we got dates of birth for parents Norman and Gladys as I'd like to see if the tree on GR is really likely. Also do we know the date of death for Norman as it may be Lilian or one of her descendants registered his death.
                              Margaret
                              Last edited by margaretmarch; 28-07-11, 14:29.

Comment

Shirley G doesn't seem to have a Jack b 1934 or a Shirley b 1933.

Haven't followed those routes but I would expect her to have Jack & Shirley if it is the correct tree.

Just checked from 1895 to 1915 & Shirley G doesn't have a Norman!

I guess if you ask her who her Lilian married it would eliminate one of the marriages I found.

That doesn't work, I can't find any of the three names attached to her.
                                Last edited by Vivienne; 28-07-11, 14:53.

Comment

No, I tried looking for those on GR to see if Shirley G had them but no luck. I have sent a message asking who her Lilian's parents were.
                                  Margaret
                                  Last edited by margaretmarch; 28-07-11, 15:36.

Comment

Yessss, I got a reply from H & he said all they know is that Dad lived all his life in the South Sheilds/Blyth area. That is Northumberland South so I've sugested they apply for that marriage cert with a fathers name check, then maybe your E rolls will come in handy Margaret.

Comment

The father's death cert might be handy too as that will be more recent than the marriage for contact purposes.
                                      Margaret

Comment

Does anyone know what happened to Gladys?
                                        Margaret

Comment

Working...
                                        X