Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 census images on Ancestry

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

I found Edmund Vyse born about 1886 in Cheshire on the 1911 summary books and on there it says Cheshire. Coppenhall Monks district 4 but when I go onto the browse for the images the districts start at 15. Does anyone know how to find the right image ? I was so pleased to find him in the summary and was sure I could then look at the household image.

Hoping someone can help

Liz
    my avatar is Emily Varndell Andrews,my paternal grandmother born 1891

Hi Liz,

Sorry i do not have an ancestry sub... but the 1911 census page includes the following:-

Address: 76 Henry St. Crewe, Cheshire

Edmund Vyse - Head - single - age 24 - Engine Fitter Lnwr - born Crewe Cheshire.
    Sarah Vyse - Mother - widow - age 58 - House work - born Holmes Chapel Cheshire.
    Sarah Vyse - Sister - single - age 22 - Tailoress - born Crewe Cheshire.
    Ernest Vyse - Brother - single - age 20 - apprentice boiler maker - born Crewe Cheshire.

It also states that Sarah Vyse (mother) had 7 kids total - 6 still living and 1 that died.

Hope that helps.
    Craig

Comment

Try looking at enumeration district 24 schedule 300 (I believe doubling the schedule number takes you somewhere close to the correct page)

Just checked, yes it takes you close, the image number you want is actually 604.
      Last edited by JudithM; 27-07-11, 08:21.
      Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

thanks for those details Craig and for the tip on finding the right image Judith. That will save me trawling through hundreds of images! Wonder when/if it will be indexed?

Liz
        my avatar is Emily Varndell Andrews,my paternal grandmother born 1891

Comment

Working...
        X