Anyone fancy a shot at finding this Archer family in 1911? SOLVED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone fancy a shot at finding this Archer family in 1911? SOLVED

Robert Archer was born in Swayfield, Lincolnshire in 1884. In 1901 he was living in Skegby near Mansfield, working as a cattle boy.

He married Margaret Annie Parkin in Belper in the September quarter of 1909 - so should be with her in 1911.

On the internet I have found that he joined up in Doncaster in 1915, only to be killed in 1916 at the Somme. His oldest child, Sam, was 8 at the time and should therefore be with his parents in 1911. He alsoleft a six year old son Percival. The best fit birth I can find for him is for Percival John Archer in Basford reg district in 1910

All help gratefully received - even if its just narrowed down to which area he is living ini in 1911.

Edit: to say I have just found them in 1911 transcribed as CROCHER
    Last edited by Barbara Dodds; 26-07-11, 20:20.
    Barbara

That was an interesting interpretation! Well done for finding them with that as an impediment!

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks Christine

I don't think I would ever have found them if it hadn't been for Percival.
      Barbara

Comment

Working...
      X