Done family - Claines, Worcester 1847

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Done family - Claines, Worcester 1847

Here is a little puzzle - We had our church open the other day and a lady from New Zealand arrived, researching her ancestors, William and Ann Done, they appear in the 1841 census, but sadly Ann has died by the 1851. Looking at the records I see there was a Frances Done, her death record in 1841 are 2 after Ann's, 18 427 and 18 429! Was this a baby daughter I wonder?? William was just a labourer and I fear we have an unmarked grave, but what of the mysterious Frances, I would love to help Margaret Jenkin from New Zealand, in fact Christchurch, from an area severely affected by the earthquake, which has passed out of our news! Can anyone help?

There's certainly at least one other DONE family in Claines at the time. But what you suggest could certainly be a possibility. It could even be a matter of the mother dying in childbirth and the child dying soon afterwards.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

After a bit of a search realised the year you were looking at as 1847 not 1841 (I should have looked at the thread heading as well as the message). I see there was a birth registered for Frances Done in the same quarter as the two deaths so yes the Frances ho died is likely to have been a baby but only the certificates, or possibly a baptism record, would tell if she was William and Ann's daughter.

UPDATE
      I see on the IGI that Frances DONE, daughter of William and Ursula DONE was baptised 10 June 1847 at St Andrew's Worcester - probably this was the Frances who died as I can't see another Frances birth registration in Worcestershire.
      Last edited by JudithM; 26-07-11, 08:02. Reason: baptism info
      Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

looking at the IGI there seem to be two couples

William & Ann = Emma1839 , Thomas-1834, Harriet-1836, Sarah-1832
        Thomas & Harriet.= Emma-1838, Edgar Thomas-1835 , Herbert-1840

Francis 1847 is a bit of a gap for either of them

There is a william Done marries an Emma Boulcott in Claines in 1838 - she might be theirs
        Also a John Done marries a mary Fisher in 1830

Presumably William that marries Harriet and William that marries Emma are two different men
        Last edited by Jessbowbag; 26-07-11, 08:15.
        Jess

Comment

Thank you so much, yes I think you are right, just proving guesswork doesn't really work - but I bet the families are all related - I must get to the Family History Centre, I do love a puzzle
          Rachel

Comment

Hello Jess, wow what brilliant information, it would be great to get some links going between these families, Claines is a tiny little place, so I will continue working on it all.
            Thanks so much
            Rachel

Comment

Not sure you read my reply? Jess has found some Claines families but I believe the Frances who died in 1847 was not from Claines but from the Worcester parish of St Andrew's, daughter of William and Ursula. Claines being only a mile or 2 from Worcester centre and in the same registration district this family are of course likely to be related to the Claines families.
              Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Dear Judith
                Yes thank you, as I said, as quick guesswork it was a nice idea!! The age difference with all the children was really too great!! Just busily looking at all the other families I would love to find a link between at least some -
                Thanks again, Rachel

Comment

Working...
                X