Help, where am I going wrong!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, where am I going wrong!

I'm trying to access an entry on the 1911 census on ancestry. I have found the details on the summary pages: http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...77334&recoff=9 but can't seem to find out how to get to the correct census page itself. Can anyone help me out please!

Thanks,

Linda
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Hi Linda

Here is the page:

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/Browse/...rdwick.110.436

Comment

To find the images using the summary books, on the images page Choose the county in the dropdown box, in this case Lancashire,

Then the civil parish: South Manchester

Then sub district: Ardwick

Then the Enumeration district: 110

When you click on "110" this will take you to the first image to find the one you want double the household schedule number, in this case it is 219x 2, enter the number in the image number box and you should then be on the right page or very close.

Kelly

Comment

Thanks Kelly - I was just going to Manchester, not South Manchester, and couldn't work it out from there. I've managed it before, but sometimes it seems hit and miss with me!

Linda

Ooh a little bit of creative paperwork going on there as the wedding was actually in 1908!
        Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

I really wish that Ancestry would get the search facility up and running for the 1911, its driving me batty going round the houses to get to where I want to be!
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
          X