Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help finding Thomas in 1871

Hi,

I am currently trying to find a Thomas Hallam born 1825 Hanbury Staffordshire on the 1871.

His wife and children are living in Tamworth, but Thomas isn't listed with them.

I have tried looking for a death incase he had died before 1871 but can't find a likely one.

Here is the family in 1881:
    http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec?h...=&pid=17243241

Thomas and Susannah's last child was born 1869 Tamworth Staffordshire.

Can anyone find Thomas in 1871?

Any help would be truly appreciated.

Kelly.

I wonder if this could be him?

Thos Allen 1825 Newborough Staffordshire.

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/browse/...&ln=Allan&st=g

Comment

if you look closely at Allan it looks like Allam ?so could be him

Comment

how about Thomas Hallams born about 1826 Staffordshire a boarder living in Forge Street, Monks Coppenhall, Crewe
        RG10 3709 115 13

Comment

Hi Val,

Thank you for your help.

I don't think the Thomas living in crewe is mine, that Thomas' occupation is a painter. My Thomas' occupation was an Ag Lab and lodging house keeper.

I think the Thomas Allan (Allam) is likely to be mine, I think Newborough (Thomas Allans birthplace) is very close to Hanbury.

Kelly.

Comment

yes I would have thought so too Allam and Hallam do sound very similar.

Comment

Now just got to find his death, the family are living in Nottingham on the 1881 but wife Susannah is listed as a widow.

Comment

what about Thomas hallam aged 54 died Dec quarter 1880 Hinckley Leicestershire 7a 43
                or Thomas Hallams aged 51 died Jun quarter 1879 Liverpool 8B 116

Comment

these are listed on FreeBMD from 1871 to 1881

Comment

Hi Val,

There isn't any likely Thomas deaths in Staffordshire, I think he may have died somewhere between Staffs and Nottingham. The death registered in Hinckley could be a possibility.

Thank you for your help.

Comment

It looks like The Thomas death registered in Hinckley is for a different Thomas, I think I have found a probate record for the Hinckley one and the widow is different name! :(

Comment

was his father Thomas a Builder born abt 1812 ?? if so there is a bankruptcy record for a thomas Hallam in 1834

Comment

Hi Val,

Thomas's father was Thomas Hallam born 1790 Church Broughton Derbyshire.

Comment

Working...
                          X