WVS and WRVS volunteers Benevolent Trust grants available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WVS and WRVS volunteers Benevolent Trust grants available

I am posting this to help spread the word as it was posted by Pauline Blyth on BBC message Boards so I am passing it on for her.
    I have no further knowledge
    Edna

WVS now WRVS was formed in 1938 and by 1943 the organisation had over one million volunteers and was involved in almost every aspect of wartime life. The organisation continues to have over 45.000 volunteers making a difference to the lives of the people they are in contact with. Many of these volunteers may now find themselves in a situation were they could do with a helping hand financially. The WRVS Benevolent Trust is there to help those past and present volunteers. If you know someone who volunteered in the past or currently volunteers and is experiencing difficulty please encouarge them to get in touch with the trust. Grants have been awarded for all sorts of things from new teeth and roof repairs to emergency respite care. I am aware that many people do not like to ask for assistance but this money is available to help them and we need to spread the word.

They do fantastic work, I spent a few months with them as a volunteer answering phones as a transport administrator on the community transport. Had to give up as my disclosure wasn't to their liking despite the local/regional manager loving what I did and had favourable comments from clients.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Working...
    X