Translation help needed again please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Translation help needed again please.

I have finally found an entry relating to my Grandmothers birth, but need a little help with it. (My Dutch is not up to much)

https://www.familysearch.org/search/...04558563_00285

The entry is on the bottom of the left hand page, number 1000. I can make out and understand all the printed stuff, and most of the entry, but was wondering if anyone could decipher what is written under the fathers' name.

Nevertheless thrilled to find this as she is not to be found on any other registers :D !

Thanks

Linda
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

There certainly has been at least one person on the forum who could translate Dutch. I'll have a look to see if that person is till around.- Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks Christine
      Linda

Comment

My Dutch daughter in law arrives here on Sunday - if you are still needing help then I will get her to translate for you!
        Elaine

Comment

How opportune Elaine
          FTF always comes up trumps!
          Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

That would be wonderful Elaine, thank you so much.

What I have at the moment is that a child was born to Johanna, wife of Franciscus, 45 years old, official ......? I know he worked for the Dutch East India Company, and think I can make out the words Nederlandisch Indie also, but the rest of that writing has me stumped.

Look forward to hearing from you

Linda
            Linda

Comment

Hi Linda,

have you tried contacting the members on this page, from our Reference Library? maybe they would be able to help

Julie
              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

What a wonderful thing to offer. Unfortunately not the right language, but as I've now found a German link, you never know, Grey could be hearing from me :D.

Linda
                Linda

Comment

I've been trying to decipher the Dutch handwriting, which is very difficult to read. (I learnt Dutch for just one year in 1975!)

This is what I thought the first part said in Dutch:

Op heden den tienden Juli Achtienhonderd Zes en Negentig, is voor ons, Ambtenaar van den Burgelijken Stand der gemeenten Haarlem, veschenen Markimus Johannes Hergeveld oud drie en /tig jaren, van beroep arts wonende in den gemeente , die ons heeft verklaard, dat op den / in / des von middags te half een uren, in het huis staande/ Be/anlaan No. 3, is geboren een kind van het vrouwelijk geslacht uit Johanna Christina Engelenberg, zonder beroep, echtgenoote van Franciscus Carolus Meulenhoff, oud vijf en veertig jaren, ...

This is what I have so far:

Today the 10th July 1896, there appeared before us, the Registrar of the Municipality of Haarlem, Markimus Johannes Hengeveld?, ? years old, occupation doctor, living in the Parish, who declared to us that on the .....

a female child was born, mother (from) Johanna Christina Engelenberg, no occupation, wife of Franciscus Carolus Meulenhoff, 45 years old,

Unfortunately the part in handwriting which is most relevant to you is extremely difficult to read.
                  Last edited by Elizabeth Herts; 22-07-11, 13:39.
                  Elizabeth
                  Research Interests:
                  England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
                  Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

If I get any further I'll post again!

Sorry not to be of greater help. I wish I could just read it more easily.
                    Elizabeth
                    Research Interests:
                    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
                    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

aan welk kind hij comaprant d/ voornaam geeft van Carolina

Deze aangifte is aan ons gedaan in tegenwoordigheid van Pater Verkes oud achtendertig jaren, van beoep g/ wonende alhier en van Gerardus? Johannes K/k oud achten/ jaren, van beroep / wonende alhier.

to which child the / gives the Christian name Carolina

This notification was made to us in the presence of Peter? Verkes? 38? years old, occupation /, of this place, and of Gerardus? Johannes K?k 28? years old, occupation /, of this place.
                      Elizabeth
                      Research Interests:

Comment

Thanks Elizabeth, as they say, every little helps!

Linda
                        Linda

Comment

I hope you get the rest of this translated, Linda.
                          Elizabeth
                          Research Interests:

Comment

Just remembered this Linda.
                            Will print the image out and get d-i-l to translate for you.
                            Elaine

Comment

Thanks again Elaine. Thanks also Elizabeth
                              Linda

Comment

Working...
                              X