Mysterious great grandmother

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mysterious great grandmother

Hello im looking for the parents and siblings of Britannia schooling born 1881 west ham essex.......She married ernest charles bristow who was born 1880 at dartford kent,....anything on who her family were would be great...thank you

Hi wiccaman.

Britannia Schooling born Dec quarter 1881 West Ham 4a 105. If you ordered the cert from the GRO then this will tell you who Britannia's parents are.

Britannia married Ernest Charles Bristow September quarter 1899 Dartford 2a 1123.

1911 census - Bell Lane Ditton Maidstone Kent

Ernest Charles Bristow age 30 cement labourer born Dartford Kent
    Britannia age 28 married 12 years 5 kids born and all survived born Canning Town.
    Ernest William age 10 born Dartford Kent.
    Alf William age 8 born Dartford Kent.
    Albert George age 6 born Dartford Kent.
    Levi age 4 born Southend Essex. (on freebmd birth is listed as Malling Kent).
    Henry age 1 born Ditton Kent. (on freebmd birth is listed as Malling Kent).

Craig
    Last edited by cpdavis35; 21-07-11, 08:01.
    Craig

Comment

A copy of the marriage certificate would give her father's name and occupation and should help you to trace the family in the census

Marriages Sep 1899
      Bristow Ernest Charles
      Schoolig Britannia
      Dartford volume 2a, page 1123
      Elaine

Comment

Thanks for that info Craig...im still unable to find her on any other census....her parents are a mystery still......Yes Elaine looks like i will need to get the certificate...thank you

Comment

Just done a google search, seems like this is a popular thread.... the birth cert was apparently got but no details were listed on the thread when it was apparently got.

Craig
          Last edited by cpdavis35; 21-07-11, 08:49.
          Craig

Comment

Would that be on another forum or this one cpdavis35 ? There was a family saying that she was uncle bills girl.So whether her dads name was William or not i just dont know

Comment

There is a few trees on ancestry that have listed Britannia's parents as William Schooling and Rose Hedges.

Here is the link to the 1881 for them:

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...=try&h=4780437

Comment

yes on another forum wiccaman. had details on william schooling and rose hedges too that they are possible parents to britannia however they also said they can't find a marriage for them and it seems a mystery about the kids listed with them on the census before finding britannia on 1911.

Craig
                Last edited by cpdavis35; 21-07-11, 09:05.
                Craig

Comment

Okay thanks kelly,it wont let me see it,need to be a member

Comment

If you cannot view the trees on Ancestry because you are not a member then try viewing them on www.mundia.com
                    This is a "sister" site to Ancestry - free to register - and has copies of all Ancestry public trees!
                    Elaine

Comment

1881 details:

William Scholing born 1853 Raine Essex Occupation: Dock Labourer
                      Rose Hedges born 1855 Onger Essex Occupation: Housekeeper
                      Selina Hedges born 1878 Plaistow Essex
                      Rose Hedges born 1880 Romford Essex

They are living in West Ham Essex, address: Cherry Island Trent P

Comment

Britannia isn't on any of the census records with William and Rose.

Comment

Thanks Craig shame there is not more to prove it

Comment

As i thought kelly no direct link,just still speculation.Thank you

Comment

Thanks Elaine will do

Comment

wiccaman the link i mentioned is here.. Roots Chat... . It's a shame they didn't say what was on the birth certificate and info on the possible parents. It's a mystery why britannia is not on the censuses after she was born? I guess without the birth cert or info from the cert we can't be sure of any info.

Craig
                                Craig

Comment

I wish that person on roots chat would post again thanks Craig

Comment

In 1881 the children are only listed as visitors though under the name of Hedges, and Rose Hedges as the housekeeper. In 1891 they same children are listed as Schooling daughters and Rose Schooling as the wife.

Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by wiccaman View Post
                                      yeah, the post is locked now so can't hit the reply button to ask what the info was... i guess it's good that others are looking for her too with the amount of threads in different geneology forums asking the same things as most of the questions have all been answered and posted to the respective forums.
                                      Craig

Comment

Originally posted by wiccaman View Post
                                        you could send them a PM (private message) via Rootschat,
                                        Julie
                                        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
                                        X