Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone help?

Oh my goodness i feel so useless!
    I am looking for my nans parents details.

I have so much on my grandad but am struggling to find anything on my nan.
    I have the following details:

Gladys Margaret White
    Born: 10 June 1903
    Died: 20 August 1984
    Lived at: 228 Park Road Bearwood Warley West Midlands
    Married to: Lewis George Keyse
    I do have other detail but thought best not put them all openly on here but if it does help I can give more details

I just can't find anything and keep hitting walls.
    So annoying because its a close reletive and i'm already stumped! (can you tell I am new to this! )

Her birth is on FreeBMD

Gladys Margaret White - Sep 1903 - Kings Norton, - 6c 489

if you get the certificate you will have her parents names.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Birth: Jul-sep quarter 1903, Kings Norton, vol. 6c page 489
      Marriage: Jul-sep quarter 1924, Birmingham, vol 6d page 415
      Death: Aug 1984, Birmingham South, vol 32 page 240, born 6 June 1903

Hopefully someone with an appropriate subscription can find her with her family in the 1911 census.
      Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Update: nearest match in 1911 seems to be Gladys Florence, born 1901, born and living in Kings Norton.
        Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle John View Post
          Update: nearest match in 1911 seems to be Gladys Florence, born 1901, born and living in Kings Norton.
          The free search on the 1911 census also shows a Gladys White born 1902 living in Kings Norton (but not born there!)
          Elaine

Comment

Thanks all for the help here, The address listed was her parents house before hers so I know she would have been born to this area and household. She went on to marry and have 4 children 2 boys 2 girls (Roger Patrick Margaret and Eileen) I have lots of details for the children and her husband but can find little on her as I have said . I did find a match for Florence and William but I don't think thats them as they are listed as said in Kings Norton which unless the areas hugely shifted is too far out the area tho fairly close? I have so many leads for my other rels but this one is prooving a nightmare. Will try to view the birth certificate but I can't afford to purchace.

Comment

Jane, you cannot view birth certificates unfortunately. It's a purchase or nothing!

If you really are unsure of her parentage then you should really be looking at getting the marriage certificate first as this would give her father's name and occupation. With this you should hopefully be able to pinpoint the correct family in the 1911 census and work back that way. Again, this will cost £9.25 but you have an option here and that is to look at the parish register which gives you exactly the same information as the marraige certificate. Of course the problem here is first finding out exactly where they were married - there are a lot of churches in the Birmingham district!
              Elaine

Comment

Jane, do you know the names of any of her siblings?
                Elaine

Comment

From the free search on 1911census.co.uk searching for White residence Warley comes up with a Gladys White born 1904 age 7 West Bromwich Staffordshire. If you then "Search again" with 228 Warley as the residence it comes up with Gladys and her family. Search again with 228 Park Warley and the same family appears.

So the family is living in 228 Park Rd Warley given in the origin posting
                  Last edited by Mike Fisher; 20-07-11, 14:42.
                  Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on
                  http://mjfisher.tribalpages.com

Comment

There are quite a few Gladys Whites of about the right age in the West Midlands in 1911. There are no suitable Gladys Margarets or Gladys M. Unfortuantely the only way to be sure you get your Gladys Margaret is to buy the birth certificate. I know it is expensive but in the end it may save you the time and expense of going down the wrong family line.

Anne

Comment

Awww thank you guys so so much have some good information to have a bit more of a search now! going to have a few more try's then i guess i will order the certificate! I am sure i will get better than this so bare with me

Comment

Jane
                        Here is the family in 1911:-

WHITE, Henry Head Married M 49 1862 Buyer Ladies Millinery Aston Warwick
                        WHITE, Eleanor Wife Married
                        24 years
                        F 46 1865 Woolwich Kent
                        WHITE, Norah Daughter F 14 1897 Smethwick Staffs
                        WHITE, Donald Son Single M 16 1895 Smethwick Staffs
                        WHITE, Sydney Son M 10 1901 School Smethwick Staffs
                        WHITE, Geoffrey Son M 9 1902 School Smethwick Staffs
                        WHITE, Gladys Daughter F 7 1904 School Smethwick Staffs
                        Address:
                        228 Park Road Bearwood Birmingham
                        Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Comment

Hi Jane and welcome to FTF

Going by the 1911 census that Lynne has posted I would say these are the parents -

Henry Watts White born April-June 1861 Aston 6d 326
                          Eleanor Caroline Danvers born Oct-Dec 1864 - Lewisham 1d 727

Henry Watts White married Eleanor Caroline Danvers in Jan - March 1887 - Richmond S 2a 454
                          Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Wooooohooooooo yes thats them *runs around clapping* they are the right children i was just getting back to you with the other childrens names and I saw the post! Yipeeee I can move forward again now many many thanks and jumps for joy!

Comment

In 1871 Eleanor Caroline Danvers parents are probably Thomas Danvers, a cabinet maker born c1831 in Wapping and Fanny Danvers born c1827 in Newington.
                              They have 8 children with them, all born in Plumstead.
                              Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

thats definately the right track I just spoke to dad and he said watts-White and Danver both ring bells he said he would never have remembered that befor but now he has heard them they def ring a bell! FANTASTIC

Comment

Hi all my tree is definately progressing, struggling a bit with how to link my documents etc but slowley getting the hang of it have managed to find a couple of photo's along my way also , so really pleased about that! Thanks all again for your help and wisdom!

Comment

Working...
                                  X