No announcement yet.

Why can't I see this please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you open up the page Kat it's on the surname D page. I assume it should be the T for Taute page?
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Yes that's what I thought but cannot find it on T !!

It is the only David Taute(z) I can find on the internet and it's not there!!!
      Last edited by Katarzyna; 17-07-11, 22:18.
      Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

I can't find it either in the Ts.
        herky
        Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Thanks for looking Herky, I thought it must be my eyes
          Kat

Comment

ohher Kat, all I see is :

Your Search for David Taute returned zero good matches
            Why? Although there may be many good matches for your ancestor in our content, we can't return good matches without more information.

What should you do? * Add details about your ancestor – even an educated guess can increase your chances of getting a high-quality match.
            Julie
            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

London, England, Marriage Licences, 1521-1869

you have to look near the top of the page Julie, I nearly missed it myself.
              Kat

Comment

nope I deffo don't see it at all.. as a side note though, I have found another TAUTE marriage: this one is for Nicholas Taute, I presume you have seen this Kat?

this is what I see from your link:

Last edited by Darksecretz; 18-07-11, 09:43.
                Julie

Comment

I don't know why you cant see it? Herky and I can! If you click on the David Taute in my post 7 you will see what I mean tho'. This is what we can see:

Last edited by Katarzyna; 18-07-11, 12:56.
                  Kat

Comment

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
                    I don't know why you cant see it? Herky and I can! If you click on the David Taute in my post 7 you will see what I mean tho'.
                    I can see it but like you cannot see any reference to it on the page.
                    I think the difference is that Julie is probably using the "new search" whereas you, Herky and I are using the "old search".
                    Elaine

Comment

Yes Elaine that's probably right! I have put the image I see as an edit in post 9. Thanks for solving that little mystery I scrolled along to the T's and still could not see it!
                      Kat

Comment

ahh Elaine, that must be the reason.. I do use the new search.. is a pity that they dont intergrate them..grr.
                        Julie

Comment

Julie re "I have found another TAUTE marriage: this one is for Nicholas Taute, I presume you have seen this Kat?"

I hadn't Julie but have saved it now as I can't see any connection at the moment.
                          Kat

Comment

okies.. no probs, would've thought though that there would be a connection with the name, maybe its an uncle or something that hasnt been discovered yet. :smilee:
                            Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                              ahh Elaine, that must be the reason.. I do use the new search.. is a pity that they dont intergrate them..grr.
                              Leave our old search just as it is, I can't stand the new one or FMP search
                              Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on
                              http://mjfisher.tribalpages.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                                okies.. no probs, would've thought though that there would be a connection with the name, maybe its an uncle or something that hasnt been discovered yet. :smilee:
                                There are several families with that name. Some at Brentford but haven't established a link yet.
                                If anyone hs nothing to do and want to play around I have put this up as a private tree on Ancestry. Just send me your user name or email by pm.
                                Kat

Comment

isn't it funny like most I couldn't bear the new search on Ancestry but now hate the old one ? I only use that for census references now.

Comment

Old search for me - I get in quite a panic when it disappears from time to time, until I find my old search again!
                                    The new one just gives me so many useless results but perhaps I should give it a longer try.
                                    herky
                                    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

I hate the new search, and I was so frustrated the way that every now and then it takes you to the new search instead that I phoned Ancestry.
                                      I got a lovely young man who told me that after a while it will always change you back to new search. He then took me through the process of getting back to the old search but said that I would love the new search if I gave it a chance. He told me the best way to use it (I can't remember what that was now) but it didn't make any difference, I still go back to the old search.
                                      I agree with Herky, it brings up too many useless 'matches'. I dread the day it dissappears altogether.
                                      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Working...
                                      X