Open office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open office

Please can someone give me an update on Open Office for my Net Book with Windows 7. In time I will want to be able to view the few items I write on Office 2010 when I buy my next serious PC.

At one time I thought that it was an old version of MS Office but no idea how old etc. I will probably only put Word on maybe Excel. Is it worth a try please?

Look forward to any advice and who best to download it from.
    Last edited by Margaret N; 16-07-11, 17:13. Reason: correct spelling
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Here's the website for Open office.

The official home page of the Apache OpenOffice open source project, home of OpenOffice Writer, Calc, Impress, Draw and Base.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Many thanks for the link as I came across so many variations.
      Margaret N
      DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Open Office is now dead and replaced by LibreOffice.

Link : http://www.libreoffice.org/

I am using LibreOffice and it is basically an updated Open Office .

Ken

Comment

If you have a Windows live account (Hotmail etc) they have a free online version of Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
          I use it when I am mobile and can use any PC, even if it does not have office on it.
          With Microsoft 365 for the web you can edit and share Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote files on your devices using a web browser.

I also use the SkyDrive space to upload and store my GED files, very useful and free
          It gives you 25GB of storage space.
          Explore the versatility of Microsoft’s Windows 11 operating system. Find out how our latest Windows OS gives you more ways to work, play and create.

Researching:
          FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Working...
          X