• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Thomas DAVEY... can anyone find please

Hi,

John Thomas DAVEY, b. 1854 Selston, Nottinghamshire,
    married to Elizabeth and have alot of children

I have been looking at this family, and I am having real probs trying to find him/them, can anyone else see them at all please.

I have them in 1891 but cannot find them in 1901, or anytime before..

1841: as DAVEY
    http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...ki1841&indiv=1
    Source Citation: Class: HO107; Piece 861; Book: 3; Civil Parish: Selston; County: Nottinghamshire; Enumeration District: 15; Folio: 11; Page: 15; Line: 17; GSU roll: 438907.

1851 George & Mary DAVIES his occupation is engine fitter at factory!
    http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...ki1851&indiv=1
    Source Citation: Class: HO107; Piece: 2125; Folio: 129; Page: 35; GSU roll: 87755.

1857: Mary marries John Harris @ St. Wilfrids Church, Kirkby in Ashfield.

1861:
    George has died and Mary has married JOHN HARRIS
    http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...ki1861&indiv=1
    Source Citation: Class: RG9; Piece: 2433; Folio: 61; Page: 14; GSU roll: 542970.

1869: Mary marries James Sturgess @ St. Wilfids Church, Kirkby in Ashfield.

1871:John has died and Mary married again to JAMES STURGESS
    http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...ki1871&indiv=1
    Source Citation: Class: RG10; Piece: 3479; Folio: 5; Page: 4; GSU roll: 839429.

1881: As JOHN THOMAS DAVIS
    http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...ki1881&indiv=1
    Source Citation: Class: RG11; Piece: 3322; Folio: 143; Page: 41; GSU roll: 1341792.

1891 As JOHN T DAVY
    Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!

Source Citation: Class: RG12; Piece: 2661; Folio 110; Page 53; GSU roll: 6097771.

1901: mistrans as DARY

Source Citation: Class: RG13; Piece: 3146; Folio: 55; Page: 32.

many thanks for looking
    Last edited by Darksecretz; 15-07-11, 16:03. Reason: added extra info
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Hi,
    As Davis, 3322, 143 41 ???
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

1901 try a search with the name - DARY.

Piece 3146 Folio 55 page32
      herky
      Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

oooh i'll have a look herky.. thanks
        Julie

Comment

Possible marriage

Q/E June 1872 John Thomas Davy and Elizabeth Wharmby - Basford
          Jackie

Comment

Originally posted by herky View Post
            Hi,
            As Davis, 3322, 143 41 ???
            Fantastic Herky... thats them.. :smilee: THANK YOU xx
            Julie

Comment

My pleasure and I managed it first - he he - I usually get pipped at the post.
              herky

Comment

Originally posted by Night Owl View Post
                Possible marriage

Jackie that looks promising, there is a relation called Wharmby Davey as well I think. which would tie in nicely with her MN
                Julie

Comment

My pleasure and I managed it first - he he - I usually get pipped at the post.
                  you are getting really good at this english stuff :smilee:

don't suppose you can see anything earlier? I usually dont have a problem in finding folks, but am rather 'foggy' atmo, so finding it abit difficult to see them.
                  Julie

Comment

1871 = possible-
                    piece 3479 folio 119 page 34

Listed as John Davey b c 1854, Bagthorpe, mother Elizabeth, no father.
                    herky

Comment

Listed a DOVEY -
                      with parents Elizabeth and James

piece 2432 folio 60 page 27
                      herky

Comment

oh and 1861 has the granny - b c 1787 - Hannah Dovey (Davey) so back another generation
                        herky

Comment

Your John Thomas as not been born yet but the census below is his father James and granny Hannah and family

piece 2125 folio 128 page 32
                          herky

Comment

thats Brilliant Herky.. you are a STAR! and you Jackie, I will now have a deeper look and see if I can find the marriages, to try and tie these in,

John Thomas had a son called Samuel, he in turn married Ellen NUTTALL, and Ellen is connected to me. (really confusing, but it all stems from me looking at Burial books and finding ANNIS DAVEY'S burial) (funnily enough)..lol. as there are only two ANNIS DAVEY's that seemed to say to me that they must be related.. I know shouldnt go off on hunches!! but hey, its paid off!!
                            Julie

Comment

1871 = possible-
                              piece 3479 folio 119 page 34

Listed as John Davey b c 1854, Bagthorpe, mother Elizabeth, no father.
                              mmm having a look at this, and there is another John Davey.... arrggh this one is born at Bagthorpe b.1854 and has a wife called ANN

Source Citation: Class: RG11; Piece: 3323; Folio: 135; Page: 5; GSU roll: 1341792.

my JT in 1881

Source Citation: Class: RG11; Piece: 3322; Folio: 143; Page: 41; GSU roll: 1341792.
                              Julie

Comment

Possible marriage

yep, jsut checked me marriage disc... they married 20th may 1872 @ Kirkby :smilee:

thanks Jackie x
                                Julie

Comment

Listed a DOVEY -
                                  with parents Elizabeth and James

piece 2432 folio 60 page 27
                                  hmmn I have found a marriage for a James DAVY and Elizabeth WHITE @ selston in 18th feb 1850, so that could be promising :D
                                  Julie

Comment

Don't want to put a spanner in the works but I've found another possible candidate for John in 1861 but its a bit complicated.

Transcribed as John F Davies age 7 born Selston son in law of John Harris and Mary. Various other children.

There is a marriage for Mary Davy in Basford in Q/E June 1857 - one male spouse missing on FreeBMD but the other candidate could be John Harris also married in Basford same quarter and looking at the image, the page and volume number are the same
                                    Jackie

Comment

Don't want to put a spanner in the works but I've found another possible candidate for John in 1861 but its a bit complicated.

Transcribed as John F Davies age 7 born Selston son in law of John Harris and Mary. Various other children.

There is a marriage for Mary Davy in Basford in Q/E June 1857 - one male spouse missing on FreeBMD but the other candidate could be John Harris also married in Basford same quarter and looking at the image, the page and volume number are the same
                                      yep I have jsut found that marriage on me cd, 20th april 1857 john harris & mary Davy.... @ kirkby st wilfrids

thanks for the heads up Jackie
                                      Last edited by Darksecretz; 14-07-11, 22:46.
                                      Julie

Comment

Sorry if I have sent wrong censuses - I was a bit rushed but thought I would have a go.:o
                                        I hope you can manage to sort this out.
                                        Now I am off to bed - happy hunting.
                                        herky

Comment

Working...
                                        X