Family Tree Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Tree Software

I have recently had contact from two tree owners on Ancestry and both trees have much information for my own.

It seems time to upgrade my software from FTM 2005; I want something which will enable me to import not just tree data (GEDCOM) but also sources and attached documents. I also want to be able to create a CD so that I can share with other family members.

I would welcome any comments.

A lot of us use FTM 2010 or even 2011. I think you can download trees from ancestry with all the bits etc and then import them into FTM 2010/2011.
    Not sure about creating a CD as I've never done that before, but I guess the recipients would have to have the programme you created the data in to view the file?
    Margaret

Comment

Thanks for that, Margaret. Very helpful. I'll probably go for FTM 2010/11 especially with the accompanying Ancestry access.
      I know Rootsmagic can create a DVD with a view only version of the programme so that just your tree can be viewed as you would in the full programme - but maybe you just can't get everything in one piece of software.

Comment

here you go Robert

I have FTM 2011 it is very differnt to 2005 (which I loved!!) but am now getting my head around it..
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

This is from another thread on here just now so you might get a good deal

Cheap Ancestry World!
          Hope this helps someone. On Amazon, FTM 2010 World (PC), via Avanquest Software, £25 plus £3.29 delivery - that's six months Ancestry World for under £30 Mine arrived today, 48hrs, and I've dealt with the company direct before. I do get fairly frequent advertising emails from them, but at that price it's worth it.
          Kate

Margaret

PS today's post on the same thread Just to update everyone, this now appears to have sold out! Looks like we took all their stock!
          Last edited by margaretmarch; 15-07-11, 11:45.

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
            I have FTM 2011 it is very differnt to 2005 (which I loved!!) but am now getting my head around it..
            I can say the same, having changed from FTM 2005 to 2011. My computer is slightly long in the tooth and I had to max out on memory for FTM 2010 to run faster than snail's-pace. The online maps are very nice but they do soak up the memory. And you'll find there are more data fields. I've got a fairly big tree and it took me months to split up the data into the new improved fields.

One plus with FTM is that it comes with a free 6-month Ancestry subscription (anything up to Worldwide, depending how much you pay). And it's available on a number of discount websites.
            Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
            X