Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smallman toovey ancestry lookup

Hi
    I wonder if anyone out there could do a lookup for Smallman Toovey and Richard Duppa Toovey on the Public member tree of Ancestry.
    I have for Smallman - Kelly and Gane tree and for Richard - York Family tree.
    I would loke to know what info these trees have on the Toovey's.
    researching Tidball, Toovey, Manley, Fairchild, Courtier, Debois, McConchie, Wardlaw

Tidders, you may not be aware but Ancestry have a "sister site" where they have copied over Public Trees.
    The site is called Mundia - click here

The first thing you need to do is to register, which is free.
    Once you have registered click on FIND PEOPLE on the navigation bar at the top of the screen.
    Then enter a name, e.g. Smallman Toovey
    You will see it brings up one definiteresult for that name, click on it and it then shows 2 further entries (which are the two Public Trees you found on Ancestry)
    Click on VIEW TREE (in small writing under the name)
    When the tree appears if you click on any of the individuals in the tree it brings up a panel on the right hand side of your screen which contains further details.

You will find that any public tree on Ancestry is probably on this site as well, something that a lot of people probably don't realise!
    Elaine

Comment

Well I certainly didn't )

Comment

Originally posted by margaretmarch View Post
        Well I certainly didn't )
        A somewhat naughty move by Ancestry in my opinion! The Mundia website was opened and all Ancestry public trees were copied over - without informing tree owners!

I recently contacted someone, who had a tree on Ancestry, about a delicate bit of research. I was very careful in how I worded my message but I think she realised what I was after! She immediately made her Ancestry tree private but what she didn't realise was that I could still view it on the Mundia website who seemed to take a while to catch up! There was also a public tree on Ancestry that I was interested in and even though it has now been deleted on Ancestry I can still view it on Mundia!
        Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine for the tip. I was able to find out what I was after.
          All the best.
          tidders
          researching Tidball, Toovey, Manley, Fairchild, Courtier, Debois, McConchie, Wardlaw

Comment

Working...
          X