Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inquest records

Hi
    I have my 1st death that had an inquest and would like to find the details. The death was in Feb 1963, paddington London can anyone point me in the right direction of where to look

Thanks
    GWEN

it should say where the inquest was held on the cert ??? I wrote to the record office for that area for mine

Comment

It just says London on the cert
      GWEN

Comment

I know my inquest reports that I have found have been published in the local papers Gwen, they were usually held in Pubs!!
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

seems that the LMA have some records Gwen...

Julie

Comment

this might be better its from westminster web site

Julie

Comment

Thanks for your reply I was just reading the about corners reports on the westminster site as this came up when I googled, reports are closed for 75 years so will not be able to find out what happened.
              I'm intrigued because the husband and wife died on the same day, had the same ref details for their death certs. Although I only applied for the one it does state the death was accidential but I do not see how Carbon monoxide poisoning from car exhausts fumes can be an accident!!!
              The digital library has turned up no results yet so looks like I will never know!
              GWEN

Comment

Gwen,

sounds to me like there should be something in the papers about this then.. CMP and cars.. sounds like a newsworthy story to me.. it might not be in a major tabloid but it might be in a local paper
                Julie

Comment

I thought so too not sure what local newspapers there are in paddington but my searches in the times digitial library have come up with nothing not sure where else to look.
                  GWEN

Comment

hmmn, you could try emailing these folks?

Information about the former NW Central London weekly freesheet tabloid newspaper the Paddington & Westminster Times, with a link to the website.
                    Julie

Comment

The Paddington News was published from 1919, becoming the Westminster and Paddington News in 1963 and merging with the Hackney Gazette in 1975.

Julie

Comment

Thanks for you help Julie but not turning anything up I've tried all sorts of different texts with regard to the deaths but nothing giving up for the mo
                        GWEN

Comment

no probs Gwen
                          Julie

Comment

If you can find the relevant library, and it has a local history section, they usually hold back copies of local newspapers. IME libraries are very helpful and will usually provide a copy of the article for a small fee. However it is a couple of years since I did this so charges may have risen. They will charge more if it takes a significant time to locate the item eg our library gives youthe first half hour of a search for free and in these cases just charges for copying and postage costs.

Comment

If a note was not left, or nobody was told that the person intended to commit suicide, the coroner do not know of the intention to actually die it is an accident. Similar verdict by the coroner's inquest into a relative of mine recently.
                              Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on
                              http://mjfisher.tribalpages.com

Comment

I think coroners try to err on the side of accidental death unless suicide is clear-cut. In days gone by, suicide was a criminal offence, and it also tends to invalidate life insurance.
                                Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X