Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone find these on the 1861 census please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone find these on the 1861 census please.

Sunny Rosy has just found the following Marriage details for me, which proves that these two sisters are the same ones that I have in my tree who, if I have the correct ones, both remarried a few years later.

Elizabeth Lissamon married Peter Sweeney 27th November 1852 at East Stonehouse. He was a seaman. She was 20 years old, her father was James a pensioner and she was living at 3 George St., East Stonehouse, Devon.

Maria Lissamon married George Grainger 20th December 1852 at East Stonehouse. He was a seaman. She was 19 years old, her father was James a pensioner and she was living at 3 George St., East Stonehouse, Devon.

Both girls born in East Stonehouse, Devon.

Can anyone find either of these couples on the 1861 census please. (I'm hoping you can't!!)

I can't check Maria's signature on the two certificates as she just put her mark on both.
    Last edited by WendyPusey; 13-07-11, 09:29.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Weren't your Lissamon's norn in Ireland iirc? There's an Elizabeth Sweeney born 1831 Ireland living with a James Sweeney in Manchester, an Elizabeth (1827) and Peter (1834) Sweeney in Bootle, Liverpool, but none of them really add up. Couldn't find anything solid on Maria either.

Kate x

Comment

Why are you hoping we can't find them Wendy? Do you know something we don't?
      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

I have both girls married to someone else! That's if I have the same two girls.
        Wendy

Comment

there is a Peter Sweeney born 1833 in Liverpool with a Elizabeth Sweeney born 1827 Lancaster living in West Derby Lancashire

Comment

Elizabeth was born in East Stonehouse, Devon.
            Wendy

Comment

just thought maybe it was a mistake I have quite few of those

Comment

Nobody found them then!
                Wendy

Comment

I had a look last night with all combinations I could think of and could only find that Liverpool one Wendy

Have you found deaths for both their husbands?
                  Last edited by Katarzyna; 13-07-11, 09:59.
                  Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

No deaths found, but they were both seamen, so they could have died anywhere!
                    Wendy

Comment

Well you have me stumped Wendy. I looked for them on the 1841 and 1851 too, just so that I could pinpoint birth details but I can't find them on there either.

Comment

p.s. I meant to say that on free BMD marriages they are both listed as Lisamon i.e. One s.

Comment

Ahhh I assume this is them in 1851? Transcribed as Lesman? No Elizabeth there though.

Comment

In 1851 Elizabeth is a servant in Stoke Dameral.

In 1841 the family minus father who is a Royal Marine are in Ledbury Workhouse. Father was born in Ledbury.
                            Wendy

Comment

I see her now Wendy. The name must have been difficult to research for you, it's so liable to mistranscription.

Comment

Sorry Wendy, I still can't find them in 1861.

Comment

I had a look too Wendy, but not found a bean..
                                  Julie
                                  They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thanks for looking. I have Elizabeth with a new husband living in East Stonehouse and Maria is with her new husband in Dublin in 1861.

Looks as if the 1st husbands either died somewhere abroad or at sea, or they left them or perhaps they were married already! Just don't know.
                                    Wendy

Comment

im assumin you can't find any marriages for the 2nd husbands then wendy?

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
                                        im assumin you can't find any marriages for the 2nd husbands then wendy?
                                        I have marriages for both of the 2nd marriages. Both girls stated they were spinsters, that is why it was odd to find two previous marriages.
                                        Wendy

Comment

Working...
                                        X