Looking for Liidia Hallik

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Liidia Hallik

A friend is interested in finding any information about Liidia Hallik. Liidia was a refugee from Estonia, came to the UK in ~1948-49, died perhaps 1959-60. She was born about 1910 in Estonia, possibly Viljandi

Liidia was a dentist, possibly practiced in the UK, but more likely not - possibly worked as a maid. She was widowed - her husband died during WWII in Estonia. No children.

I'm unable to find her Death Cert with various spellings. If you can find it, or have any other leads, or have any other suggestions where to look, it would be appreciated.

Hi PhotoFamily,

What about this one ?

Lydia Hallik
    b. abt 1899
    d. June Q 1961
    Bradford, Yorkshire West Riding 2b - 141

bcbrit
    George, Uren, Toy - Cornwall. Barrows, Blair, Bowyer, Freeth, Green, Manie - London

Comment

I meant to say that I know the age is out by about 10 years, but perhaps the informant didn't know her correct age.

bcbrit
      George, Uren, Toy - Cornwall. Barrows, Blair, Bowyer, Freeth, Green, Manie - London

Comment

Yes!! I'll let her know! She was uncertain about all dates. Thank you!

Would there be any records for emigration/refugee, and would they be accessible?
        Thank again
        Sarah

Comment

Googled a bit...

Any connection to this family:?

There's a daughter with that name, b 1930.

And this looks as if it's the surrounding immediate family (short of some dates):

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I'll pass it along to her. Thanks again.
            sarah

Comment

Working...
            X