Skype advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skype advice please

I have skype on my small Computer down stairs how do I download it on my Computer upstairs do I use the same password and Skype name thank you for any advice.

Granabella

You can download the programme from the internet
    Download the free Skype video call app for your desktop, mobile, or tablet. Staying in touch with friends and family just got more fun. 

You can use the same password/username for both computers.
    Elaine

Comment

Sorry Elaine I thought I had sent you a thank you message for your reply, ive just got round to downloading Skype a box comes up with RUN SAVE I think the other was CLOSE do I run or save I am sure it is save but am having a moment and cannot remember thank you again for your help.

Granabella

Comment

If I am downloading something I always select the SAVE option. When I have saved the file I then right click on the file name and run a antivirus scan on it, just to be on the safe side, although I can't imagine that a download from Skype would be a problem!!
        So click on save, and then find the file and click on the file and it will run/install.
        Elaine

Comment

Thank you Elaine..

Granabella

Comment

Elaine,how do I do a Virus scan I did the right click on the skype Icon but dont know where to go now I feel a real numty .

Granabella

Comment

If you right click on the file name, do you have an option which says something like "scan with xxxx". I use AVG so my option says "scan with AVG"
              Elaine

Comment

Just a thought - you would do the scan before you run/install the program! Sorry I didn't make that clear. :(
                Elaine

Comment

Thank you anyway Elaine, never mind, I think it should be Ok keep my fingers crossed lol thanks again.

Granabella

Comment

Working...
                  X