Now why can't I find his birth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now why can't I find his birth

I have the marriage certificate for Frederick John Hook in 1876 Victoria Australia he marries Elizabeth McDonald.

He says he is from Norfolk England and his father is David Hook and his mother Mary Pyman.

But I cant find a birth for him.

Ancestry lists his death in South Australia between 1916 and 1925....but no age.

I have checked other trees on ancestry but he is not in them for this family.

FMP has 2 "male" Hooks...OND 1840 and AMJ 1841, both Docking Norfolk

Theres a Frederic Hook age 1 in 1841 with David and Mary Hook and siblings Robert 7 and Mary 4 in Besthorpe Norfolk, David is a farmer.

Forget the above,could this be him.

Name: Frederic John Hook
    Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1849
    Registration district: Guiltcross
    Inferred County: Norfolk
    Volume: 13
    Page: 170
    Last edited by Ozzie Gert; 11-07-11, 06:23.
    Sylvia

Derbyshire :- Gough, Tomlinson, Fletcher, Shipley, Spencer, Calladine, Rogers, Kerry, Robotham
    Leicestershire:- Gough, Cooper, Underwood, Hearn, Inglehearn
    Staffordshire:- Robotham, Hickinbotham, Hill, Holmes

Comment

Possible 1851 census for the family, with Frederick listed with his middle name of John
      Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!

HO107; Piece: 1822; Folio: 100; Page: 9
      Elaine

Comment

Marriage of parents (from FamilySearch)
        David Hook / Mary Pyman
        28 Dec 1830
        Reymerston, Norfolk

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.
        Elaine

Comment

Now that would explain why every tree that has JOhn in it has no further information....because he is really Frederick John Hook.

That was kind of what I was leaning towards......thanks foryour help.

Comment

Ozzie....that Frederick born in abt 1840 appears to be the brother of the Frederick I was looking for.....and the first Frederick Godfrey Hook died in 1844.

So I am now satified that I have the correct family.

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
              Marriage of parents (from FamilySearch)
              David Hook / Mary Pyman
              28 Dec 1830
              Reymerston, Norfolk

https://www.familysearch.org/search/....r/9QGB-K8Y/p4
              The image is certainly available on Family Search if you browse the Norfolk records.

There are a number of parishes in the Guiltcross registration district, images of whose parish registers are also available on the Family Search site.

Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I was just having a browse through some possible baptism register images... Lucky you if you have family baptised in East Harling: the incumbent's entry in the surname box includes MMN, and he also notes DoB!

Christine
                Last edited by Christine in Herts; 11-07-11, 15:57.
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
                X