Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• computer clock and date still keep changing each time I turn computer on

Hi
    Still having problem with computer clock and date .. they keep changing .. have to reset each time i turn computer on

Help Please

Jebbo ( use windows vista)

Jebbett, Jebson, Goodman, White, Brown, Savory, Salisbury, Wheway, Hastings,
    Lenton, Perkins, Croshaw, Mallabone, Downey, Ring, Bergen, McConkey, Murphy.
    ( avatar Mum and Dad )

Could be that your CMOS battery has failed and needs to be replaced. Have you changed your firewall lately? Firewalls sometimes block the internet time servers.
    Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

Hi
      Thankyou . have recently turn off firewall while installing program then turned it back on
      computer is afew years old so it could be cmos battery

Jebbo

( avatar Mum and Dad )

Comment

I had this problem and found the answer was to check the time zone my computer was in. Of course it was not GMT but set to Pacific time. I changed it to GMT (I'm in the UK) and have had no problem since. I run XP and you can change the settings by going to Control Panel and the Date &amp; Time and then choose the Time Zone tab.<BR><BR>Wish this would work on my mobile phone as that time keeps changing
        Last edited by Elderflower; 13-07-11, 22:38.

Comment

Hi yes tried changing time zones and also checked out cmos battery site left computer on as it says to charge battery ...but still have problem with clock changing each time i log on

jebbo

Originally posted by Elderflower View Post
          I had this problem and found the answer was to check the time zone my computer was in. Of course it was not GMT but set to Pacific time. I changed it to GMT (I'm in the UK) and have had no problem since. I run XP and you can change the settings by going to Control Panel and the Date & Time and then choose the Time Zone tab.<BR><BR>Wish this would work on my mobile phone as that time keeps changing

( avatar Mum and Dad )

Comment

I wonder if the registry has been corrupted? As nothing else has worked, I would try changing to each different time zone in turn, close down and then turn on again and note what time your computer shows for each time zone when powered on. One of them might just be the right time.

Comment

What you are describing is more than often caused by a faulty CMOS battery.
              Is it a desktop PC or a laptop?

Desktop battery would cost you less than a fiver and would look like a large watch battery when you open up your PC

Researching:
              FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Hi
                I have a desktop computer

Jebbo

Originally posted by TrevorFranklin View Post
                What you are describing is more than often caused by a faulty CMOS battery.
                Is it a desktop PC or a laptop?

Desktop battery would cost you less than a fiver and would look like a large watch battery when you open up your PC

( avatar Mum and Dad )

Comment

Hi
                  Will give it a try and see what happens

jebbo

I wonder if the registry has been corrupted? As nothing else has worked, I would try changing to each different time zone in turn, close down and then turn on again and note what time your computer shows for each time zone when powered on. One of them might just be the right time.

( avatar Mum and Dad )

Comment

What is the time and date the computer is reverting to when you boot up ?
                    http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb....om/~steveabye/

Comment

HI
                      The year and time are different each time i log on
                      can be as far as 2098 year and times are all over the place

jebbo

Originally posted by Old Holborn View Post
                      What is the time and date the computer is reverting to when you boot up ?

( avatar Mum and Dad )

Comment

Have you run a full virus scan? I wonder if something malicious is doing this?

Comment

Hi
                          Yes have done virus scans , they say no virus found
                          Jebbo
                          Have you run a full virus scan? I wonder if something malicious is doing this?

( avatar Mum and Dad )

Comment

Working...
                          X