Looking for information on Holders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for information on Holders

I am looking for anyone who might have information on or be related to my Great Grandfather.
    His name was Nimrod Joseph Holder born 1885 in Willington, Durham. He had brothers named Joseph and Frederick and sisters named May and Elizabeth.
    His Mothers Name was Sarah Ann and I think his Fathers name may have been Frederick.
    I have found on Free BMD that Nimrod Married Lydia Butterfield in 1922.

If anyone has any information on any of these people, please get in touch

Thanks
    Sam
    xx

Have you looked at the new FamilySearch records that are available. I'm not sure how recent they run up to, but they do have a number of Durham parish Register images - not indexed - you have to trawl them

It seems likely that he died in 1958 q4.

Christine

PS - Welcome to FTF!
    Last edited by Christine in Herts; 08-07-11, 22:47.
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

So you really need the marriage cert in order to clarify his fathers name

Marriages Sep 1922
      BUTTERFIELD Lydia Holder Auckland 10a 460
      HOLDER Nimrod J Butterfield Auckland 10a 460

Its a shame really that after all the effort that FTF members put in to research Brenda's Holders ( including Nimrod If I recall correctly) that her gedcom is no longer on here.
      Last edited by Jessbowbag; 09-07-11, 08:44.
      Jess

Comment

It looks as though Sarah was married before Sam.

Frederick James Holder to Sarah Ann Hatton July-Sept 1880 Pontefract 9c 141
        Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

From the Durham BMD site (http://www.durham.gov.uk/Pages/Servi...?ServiceId=663 search link at bottom of page), it appears that this may not have been Lydia's first marriage. She shows up as both BUTTERFIELD and NEWBY.

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Disappointingly (tho' no great surprise, I guess) the Durham FamilySearch images don't go as late as 1922.

Christine

Comment

Hi,

Thank you very much for all your help Yes Lydia was married before to a William Butterfield I think from some research I did last night, But he died in 1918 and she then married my grandfather. I also found from a census that Nimrod had some Stepbrothers and sisters, so it does seem like his mother was married before. I will take a look at the websites you've suggested and try and find some more clues

Thank you again for your help! xx

Comment

Working...
              X