Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Access to parish records for Sonning Berkshire.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Access to parish records for Sonning Berkshire.

Does anyone have access to these records and can spare the time to look for me please.

I'm looking for Adam Foster b. 1779 at some point he moved to Buckinghamshire and married Susanna Barret or Burret in 1801 at Upton Cum Chalvey.
    I would dearly like to find his Mother and Father.

Adam is my 4th ggrandfather

Thanks in advance.

was adam born in berkshire Bluebell?
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I take it you have Sonning from the 1851 census for Adam? have you found him in other census? at all?
      Julie

Comment

As far as I know, Sonning parish records are not available anywhere except from Berkshire Family History on microfiche. I have been hoping they put them on CD, but not yet. Maybe someone has the fiche ?

Di
        Last edited by dicole; 08-07-11, 23:43. Reason: spelling
        Diane
        Sydney Australia
        Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

Thank you for your replies.
          Julie - yes I did get Sonning from the 1851 Census the 1841 of course just has N for not born in the County but as he died in 1852 that's all the info I have.

Di yes I thought that might be the case, there's always hoping someone has the fiche?

Comment

hmmn they dont make it easy for us do they?

who were the witness' to his marriage Bluebell? and do they help at all?
            Julie

Comment

would signing up with the berkshire historical society help? maybe they have a transcript?

Comment

I don't have the marriage entry only the IGI record so have no witnesses.

I will try the BRO, see if they can help otherwise it will have to be the Historical society but as far as I know Adam is the only one from Berkshire.

Comment

Bluebell,

do you live in Berkshire? I was going to suggest if you have a local studies library nearby then you could view the parish records there on microfiche..
                  if you dont live local to Berkshire, maybe posting a specific request on the forum that I give the link to might help, esp if we have members that are willing to go and find this specific information for you.

Julie

Comment

Bluebell,

I live near the BRO and the BFHS (they are very handily next door to each other), and go there occasionally. I do want to go some time, but am not too sure when, am quite busy over the next couple of weeks. If no one else can check for you sooner, I will add it on to my list of look-ups. I assume he was born in Sonning in 1779, and you would like anything further that may be in the registers?

Linda
                    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Hi Linda That's very sweet of you to offer and I would very much appreciate it if you could. I'm in no hurry.
                      This is all I have on Adam Foster b 1779 in Sonning. in 1801 he married in Buckinghamshire, and spent the rest of his life there.
                      Funnily enough I do have a photo of their grave and the church in Bucks, that another kind person sent me.

I really would like anything they have Birth, Baptism and Parents.
                      I will of course reimburse you for any copies and your time.

Thank you.

Comment

Julie - Can I ask what you mean by 'a local studies library' how would I find one? I'm very new to Family History Research having only started at the beginning of this year.

Comment

Hi Bluebell,

our local studies library is our main library, in the town near me, its just like a regular library but it has extra sections for research into local history etc..if you give me the country that you are in I can have a look to see if I can find similar for you. if you havent already seen this section of our site then it might be helpful to you.

if ever you are in any doubt, then please ask, we are all here to help :smilee:
                          Julie

Comment

Working...
                          X