Harriet/t Duguid missing on 1871 census

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harriet/t Duguid missing on 1871 census

I have Harriet on all censuses bar 1871.
    Harriet Lock was born 1825 Brixton, Surrey and baptised Streatham St Leonard, Lambeth

She married Robert Duguid June 1851 and they had a son James b 1859.
    This is them on 1861 census RG9; Piece: 352; Folio: 29; Page: 9; Lambeth Church First.

I have possible deaths for Robert - Kensington 1864 , Marylebone 1863

Harriet then married Robert Carter Dec 1872 Kendal, Westmoreland and lived there til she died in 1905.
    This is them in 1881 with her son James Duguid, RG11; Piece: 5214; Folio: 65; Page: 24 Kendal, Westmoreland

Please can you help me find Harriet and James on 1871 census?

Thank you
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Not having any luck so far.
    Sorry!
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

How about this one - age is way out but she is a "visitor" so they might not know her age.
      Piece 687 folio 76 page 19

Harriet DUGAND b Brixton. age 35, WIDOW
      Last edited by herky; 06-07-11, 23:50.
      herky
      Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

clever you Herky I just gave up

Comment

Might not be her though Val as the age and name are both a bit out.
          Fingers crossed.
          herky

Comment

such an unusual name it could be right .

Comment

I have just entered Harriet/t Dugand on an ancestry search - the only hit is the 1871 census - looks as if it is an error on the name.
              herky

Comment

Thank you I missed that one! Her age would be 46 not 35 ;seems quite a bit out and her son is not with her. will have to look for him on his own somewhere, he'd be about 13. I don't recognise any of the people she's visiting either :(
                Kat

Comment

Yes - I had my doubts too - whether it is her or not I do think the name "Dugand" is a mistake as there is no mention of the name on Ancestry apart from that one census.
                  I was a bit worried about her son too!
                  My, did they have a lot of visitors!
                  herky

Comment

could this be James,? Kat

Source Citation: Class: RG10; Piece: 1314; Folio: 71; Page: 36; GSU roll: 838781.
                    Julie
                    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I think this must be James Jackson Dugard, b 1857 Hackney, Julie. My James doesn't have a middle name on his cert.:(

Thanks for looking tho'. It's a bit of a mystery where he might have gone. I've tried all combinations of his name. Am going to try with no surname and no mother to see how that pans out. Can see lots of entries for that to plough through!
                      Kat

Comment

mmm it does seem odd though that they cant be found, just a thought, have you tried FMP for the search.. we all know that Ancestrys transcripts are diabolical at times, so maybe a different tack might be in order.
                        Julie
                        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

lol just been doing that to no avail. Think I'll give up for a while
                          Kat

Comment

Working...
                          X