Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody find this marriage please

John Biggs and Caroline
    both born in Greenwich ,think first child born 1882 in Greenwich too, dont know Carolines maiden name till I find the marriage

forgot to say there is a child with them transcribed as John but it does not look like John to me ? they do have a John later on in 1887
    Last edited by Guest; 05-07-11, 18:18.

Nothing jumps out on FreeBMD, LMA London marriages on Ancestry - or a baptism for little John.

Comment

I agree, I don't think that's John. There seems to be tails of letters extending below the line, meeting the 'll' from William. Wonder if someone who has FMP could look at it there?

Comment

Oops sorry forgot I had FMP it is John on there too ???????????? thanks for looking ,

Comment

I think that JOhn probably died Val. John Biggs - July-Sept 1881 - aged 0 - Greenwich 1d 581.

I looked for a likely marriage when I was looking for the occupation earlier but no luck. I have just looked again but no sign I'm afraid.
          Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

It looks as though John was a twin. James Biggs born with the same reference but died the same querter with a different reference. Maybe James died at birth and JOhn immediately after the census. Which would account for James not being on the census?

Comment

oh thanks Chrissie you are a darling hadn't thought of that at all , this new puppy is doing my head in from lack of sleep.
              Wonder where and if they ever did marry then ????

Comment

Well I have just looked through the Parish marriages on Ancestry and I can't find anything on there either - sorry.

Comment

thanks again Chrissie

Comment

Val, I think it does say John for the child, it states he is 5 months old. The writing isnt very clear but on zooming it up and comparing it with the father Johns name it does look the same, as Photofamily said the line below is William and the two ll's look like they belong to the name above, but they don't.
                    Julie
                    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thanks Julie looking at what Chrissie found he is probably the one born in 1881 and died in 1881 wish I could found the marriage ? I am trying to add Maiden names for wives in my tree.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                        Thanks ulie looking at what Chrissie found he is probably the one born in 1881 and died in 1881 wish I could found the marriage ? I am trying to add Maiden names for wives in my tree.
                        I think that you praps will need to have a look to see if any of their children have been baptised John/Carolines I mean, it might give you a MN there, failing that it seems that you might have to purchase a b/cert in order to get her MN, I have also looked and tried just adding the details for John and that his father was James, to see if that threw any likely marriages up, but it hasn't
                        Julie
                        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

cannot find any baps for any of them ? oh well have to leave it for now dont really want to buy a cert for this lot ,have others more interesting at the moment and have to be stern and only buy so many a month now .
                          Thanks Julie and all who tried.

Comment

Have you seen John's christening Val? Not much help I know but if you look at them in 1861 it might give a clue as to why, if John was a twin, they might be John and James. John's father and brother were named James.

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...6616317&recoff=

Comment

thanks Chrissie did know John's parents names but didn't have the baptism thanks ,think I need to stay off here till the puppy is a year old am so tired cant think straight ,that looks like it says he was born in 1856 and baptised in 1858 ? its his wifes maiden name I am after Caroline ???????????? am sure they must have married.

Comment

Working...
                              X