Norfolk Records Office Lookup please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record Office: Norfolk Records Office Lookup please

My ancestor 3 xGt Grandfather Isaac Vanham was born c 1796 in Fersfield,Norfolk and lived in North Lopham, Norfolk all his life. I believe his father was called John Vanham/Venham/Venom born c 1774/1776. I would like to be able to confirm that John was his father and perhaps find his mother's name.

sunny rosy

Rosy -
    FamilySearch has Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts online:
    Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

I looked, but didn't find Isaac, but it's best to double check
    Thanks
    Sarah

Comment

Thanks Sarah but I need someone to physically look at the records in Norfolk, as LDS do not have everyone and are not always accurate.

rosy

Comment

Uhh, those are the images of the Archdeacon's records. It's a pain to work thru them, as they are not indexed except for parish. Of course, like Bishop's transcripts, there's always the possibility that the rector didn't copy from one book to the other correctly or completely, so original parish records are the best.

The rector in this parish recorded the mother's maiden name!

Comment

Photofamily. I had a good look through them and didn't find Isaac, but thought that I might stumble across another ancestor. Thanks for the link.

sunny rosy

Comment

Working...
          X