1911 Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 Help please

I think I have found the man I am looking for - William Heald born 1859 - aged 52 - Living in Doncaster (Yorkshire West riding) and born in Bolsover.
    I still can't find the page on Ancestry though because it is asking for the enumeration district!! Where do I find that please?
    I just wnat to know who he is living with as he isn't with his wife and family who are in living in Bolsover Derbyshire. I know that they moved to Doncaster shortly afterwards and think he must have gone on ahead.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

is he the one staying with a Betsy?
    Jess

Comment

FULL 1911 Census details aren't available yet on Ancestry, so you will either have to wait - or subscribe to Find My Past UK.

Find My Past UK has an exclusive deal with The National Archives in UK - so they will get first dibs on any British info.

Happy hunting

Comment

No idea Jess - that's what I'm trying to find out lol - who is Betsy??

Thank you Genebrarian. Unfortunately I can only just afford Ancestry never mind both !! I believe that it is possible to view the page on Ancestry though if you know how

Comment

have pmd you

Comment

Thank you Val

Comment

The householders form are on Ancestry but they are not indexed.

Originally posted by genebrarian View Post
              FULL 1911 Census details aren't available yet on Ancestry, so you will either have to wait - or subscribe to Find My Past UK.

Find My Past UK has an exclusive deal with The National Archives in UK - so they will get first dibs on any British info.

Happy hunting
              Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on
              http://mjfisher.tribalpages.com

Comment

I think I eventually found the enumeration district (simply labeled district) in a tab located near the top on the right-hand side labeled "source"

Then I followed these directions

and, voila, there they were at double the ED number. very nice.
                sarah

Comment

Thank you all It seems I shall have to be patient for them to be transcribed properly.

Comment

Working...
                  X