FTM 206 help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM 206 help needed

Can someone tell me how to save this onto my external hard drive.

Will need step by step instructions (apologies)

Thanks

Linda

First of all you will need to know which drive on your computer relates to the external hard drive.
    Open My Computer - you should see your hard drive listed with a letter next to it ... might be E: or F: (but not necessarily!)

Open FTM
    Click on FILE
    Select BACKUP
    Select CUSTOM DIRECTORY
    If the box next to the words CUSTOM DIRECTORY doesn't already show the letter of your external hard drive, e.g. E:name of ext hard drive (or whatever drive letter it is) then click on CHANGE

Click on the "Look in" drop down box towards the top (marked with red arrow on my screenshot) - you need to scroll through and look for the drive which is your external disc drive, in my case drive E: Elements (marked with blue arrow). When you have found your external hard drive, click OK.
    Then click BACKUP and FTM should back up and give you a message to say it has been successful.

If you get stuck then ask again!
    Elaine

Comment

Thank you so much Elaine..off to have a try

Linda

Comment

Thanks Elaine,

Instructions were great...all done

Linda

Comment

Oooh, thanks. I'll try Elaine's method for backing up my FTM2006 to a memory stick. I've never been able to work out how to do it straight from the programme. Instead I go to the backed-up FTM files saved on my computer and tell it to copy them to the memory stick. It's a bit long winded but it works in the same way as Elaine's method.
          ".... thy memory shall be blest by the children of the children of thy child".
          Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Comment

When I save my Family Tree Maker 2006 to my memory stick or Cd, how do I then check that it has saved it ok?
            I think my computer is slowly dying and I'm getting paranoid about losing my information!
            Looking for Allinson, Barker, Bedford, Crosby, Emanuel, Glasby, Heseltine, Lister, Moorhouse, Morgan, Rees, Seymour, Sidwell, Summers, Tate, Turpin, Wilson

Comment

Working...
            X