1911 census 20 Davison Street, Hartford, Oldham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 census 20 Davison Street, Hartford, Oldham

I have used the oficial 1911 census and established that Richard Taylor 35, born Tudhoe, Durham, Ellen Taylor 35 born Heywood, and Richard Taylor 10 born Failsworth live at that address.. there are also two Rigbys and a Mary Pallt ( possibly Platt )..
    Ancestry 1911..entering Davison Street, Oldham brings up nothing and not knowing whether the head is Taylor, Rigby or Pallt does not help.
    Does anyone know how I can find the actual 1911 census on Ancestry

Go to the 1911 summary books search

Enter TAYLOR in the surname box, OLDHAM in the registration district box, and DAV* in the street address box.
    Gives you one result with the address as 20 Davisons Street.
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks again Elaine.. I had a lot of trouble with that one.. the street name incorrect and a common name like Taylor..
      I was curious to find out if they had any other children apart from my father and his brother.. very surprised that she says that she had 11 children and 10 died leaving only my uncle, my father was not born until 1913.

Comment

oh Colin!! that is SO sad, I can't imagine having to bury 10 children it must've been awful.
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I was not sure that it could be true but they married in 1895.. so 16 years makes it possible.. when I first started this many years back I checked the baptisms and found only my uncle at the local church St Johns in Failsworth.. they left there in 1900 so may be worth checking the next local church in Hollinwood and Hartford

Comment

definately, I was going to suggest familysearch, but am not sure whether they have yet covered this area or not. (and it would prove an expensive exercise to buy all the death certs)
            Julie
            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I haven't been able to pin down the marriage (which could more easily have been in 1894, based on 16 years marriage by end of March 1911) - do you have a birth cert to give Ellen's maiden name?

I can see that young Richard's birth reg is almost certainly this one:
              1900 q4 Prestwich 8d-403

Christine
              Last edited by Christine in Herts; 30-06-11, 18:59.
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I see that there is a marriage in 1895q2 for Richard TAYLOR & Ellen HOWARTH - at St Gabriel, Middleton Junction (which is between Failsworth and Heywood). It shows on LancsBMD and FreeBMD.

Christine
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thank you Christine.
                  Yes Richard Taylor and Ellen Howarth married 7 June 1895 at St Gabriels in Middleto Junction.
                  You did well finding that as Taylor is so common and difficult to research.
                  I remember a lady at the Manchester and lancashire History Society who was a Taylor and she said that her heart sank whenever she opened a letter that was a request for any information for a Taylor
                  I did have their first child Richard born 14 Nov 1900 at 12 St John Street Failsworth and baptised 5 Dec 1900 at St Johns, Failsworth
                  Their second child was John William Taylor born at 20 Davison Street,Werneth or Hartford, Oldham on 25 Oct 1913.
                  I know that I checked St Johns Failsworth when I first started searching.. but the last time I went up north the records for St Gabriels were still with the church.
                  Also they lived in Hollinwood in 1891 so a few more church records to look at..
                  All was well until I opened the 1911 census.

Comment

If you use LancsBMD (http://www.lancashirebmd.org.uk) they're amending to include MMN for pre 1911 records.

It looks possible that these could include yours?
                    1895 ~ TAYLOR Walter Oldham Above Town Oldham HOWARTH
                    1896 ~ TAYLOR James Oldham Above Town Oldham HOWARTH
                    1896 ~ TAYLOR John Oldham Below Town Oldham HOWARTH
                    1897 ~ TAYLOR Albert Oldham Below Town Oldham HOWARTH
                    1897 ~ TAYLOR Charles Edwin Oldham Below Town Oldham HOWARTH
                    1897 ~ TAYLOR Edith Oldham Above Town Oldham HOWARTH
                    1897 ~ TAYLOR Harriet Chadderton Oldham HOWARTH
                    1897 ~ TAYLOR Lilly Oldham Below Town Oldham HOWARTH
                    1898 ~ TAYLOR Florence Chadderton Oldham HOWARTH
                    1898 ~ TAYLOR William Oldham Above Town Oldham HOWARTH
                    1899 ~ TAYLOR Annie Chadderton Oldham HOWARTH
                    1899 ~ TAYLOR Frank Oldham Above Town Oldham HOWARTH
                    1899 ~ TAYLOR Raynor Oldham Below Town Oldham HOWARTH
                    ... and so on. Presumably there are two or three families there, living in Oldham Above Town, Oldham Below Town and Chadderton.

Christine

PS - You may need to wait until this extra facility moves on a bit. None of the Richards for 1900 has MMN specified.
                    PPS - Just found this one:
                    1913 ~ TAYLOR John William Oldham South Oldham HOWARTH
                    Last edited by Christine in Herts; 03-07-11, 19:48.

Comment

Working...
                    X