O`Brien family Dunbar East Lothian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O`Brien family Dunbar East Lothian

Trying to complete family tree on Patrick O`Brien and Bridget Gilhooley.Have most of the children except James b1884 Dunbar,John b 1893 Dunbar, and Margaret b1890 Dunbar.Any info.on marriages etc would be appreciated.
    EP.

hello,

what information are you looking for please? have you found them on any census?
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Hi Julie, thanks for replying.I have found on 1911 census with parents, John b 1893, but not Margaret b1890, or James b1884.I have found B.M.D.`s., for rest of children,but just can`t trace these at all .I have been searching on S.P. for over a year now,but no luck.I am hoping someone recognises the names. Evelyn

Comment

Evelyn,

I have found the family on the 1891 census, do you have this information?
        Julie

Comment

jULIE

I do thanks, I have all the census dates up to 1911. I have also looked for deaths for all three,but just can`t get anywhere.

Evelyn

Comment

I suppose you have tried O'Brian? as a variant? I havent used SP before so am a little unsure as to what I am looking for.
            Julie

Comment

I wonder if the "O" was omitted.
              I have O'Hairs who became Hair, could O'Brian (or O'Brien) become just Brien or Brian.
              Just some thoughts.
              herky
              Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

that did strike me to Herky, and then there is the variant of BRYAN(T)
                Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                  I suppose you have tried O'Brian? as a variant? I havent used SP before so am a little unsure as to what I am looking for.

Thanks Julie and Herky,

I have tried every combination.They were all registered as O`Brian on their birth certs.but all the B.M.D.`S
                  later are all O`Brien.SP is great after 1855 as it shows both parents,That`s when you know you have the right one.Unfortunately you do use up a lot of credits if it is a commom name.I had dozens for all three children! Will keep digging ,something might turn up. Evelyn

Comment

Working...
                  X