Problems installing programmes and updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems installing programmes and updates

Sometimes when I try to install something it goes so far then up comes an error box saying

An installation for Dell support centre (support software) is currently suspended ,you must undo the changes made by that installation to continue.

I then get an option to tick for the changes to be undone ,and some of the time the programme will install, other times it says An installation is already in progress wait for that one to finish.

If I go into Task Manager and Show Processes by other users and click on any of the msiexec.exe thats running and end process I can then most of the time continue.

Is there a way of getting rid of the installation thats supposed to be running for good???? thanks

Hello Val,

Have tried to 'google' Dell Support Centre and see where you go from there. I took a quick look for you but as I do not have a Dell and model number etc only reached the Home Page.
    How many computers/laptops/i pads do you have?

Like all the add on's on this site it is really good and much appreciated.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

I have two pcs and two laptops sad eh ??? I have had one pc for quite a few years though.
      I tried googling too but didnt really get any proper answers? might email Dell ???
      Thanks Margaret hope your well?

Comment

Hi val

msiexec.exe is a Windows system file that runs when you are installing new software

Use this application to see if it can identify the partial installation and so allow you to remove it
        Free fully functional download of Revo Uninstaller Pro, Pro Portable and Revo Uninstaller Freeware. Quick and fast download here.

Researching:
        FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

thanks Trevor have installed it but what do I do now ?? it has found 69 programmes what should I be looking for ??? HELP

Comment

I clicked on the DELL support one and it did a a registry back up etc got near the end and up came this message
            Windows installer
            Another programme is being installed please wait until that installation is complete and then try installing.
            managed to get to the scan section and it has found a load of left over registry items among them lots of Dell support software ones ? which is the message I get when trying to install updates etc so do I let this programme delete just them or every leftover registry item ???
            Last edited by Guest; 27-06-11, 21:35.

Comment

thanks very much Trevor took a chance and let it delete all the registry errors and have finally managed to install all my updates too now .

Comment

It gets confusing when you start talking about the installation message, then cut into talking about the scan results, but then say "which is the message I get...."

I pointed to this tool so that you could remove the Dell Support program and its odd left behind installation files, so they are what I would expect you to be removing

Researching:
                FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Doesn't matter Trevor as it worked thanks ,even managed to install client proifle 4 which I have not been able to do before ? thanks again

Comment

Working...
                  X