taylor family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• taylor family

Are there any descendants of Victor John Ingram Taylor b 1900 in Berwick, Northumberland England.I believe he married Barbara Oliver.Also of his sister Hilda Taylor b 1901,Berwick.I trying to complete family tree .Any info. would be appreciated Evelyn Porteous

I think he may have reversed his first names by the time he died Julip. There is a likely looking death -
    John Victor I Taylor - birth 4th Jan 1900 - died Oct-Dec 1979 - Aged 79 - Northumberland North First - Northumberland 1 2020

p.s. I see that he had his names that way round on marriage too.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

There are possibly 5 sons from a Taylor - Oliver union births registered in Berwick. Do you already have details of Victor (john) and Barbara children. are you looking for living people?
      David

I
      Don't always claim to be right, but I'm never wrong.

Comment

Do you know the names of any of his children Julip? There are at least 5 possibles but the names are not uncommon so difficult to be sure which, if any, are there's.

Comment

Snap David

Comment

Great minds think alike ;)
            David

I

Comment

Sister Hilda may have married Oswald Palmer 1924 and had a possible 2 daughters in Berwick area. What sort of information are you missing?
              David

I

Comment

That may fit well with a death for Hilda Palmer (date of birth 3rd April 1901) in Apr-June 1971 (aged 70) - Northumberland North First - Northumberland 1b 787

Comment

Are you are a member of GR Julip? There is a gentleman on there named Roger who appears to have the possible oldest daughter of Hilda.
                  By the way David, aren't there 3 possible daughters?

Comment

Yes Chrissie I missed the last potential one. They are born with big gaps apart, but all very possible.
                    David

I

Comment

The 1911 census has Hilda and Victor and another brother William Hope Taylor (1903) at a Childrens home 132 MAIN STREET TWEEDMOUTH BERWICK.
                      (RG14PN31123 RG78PN1781 RD567 SD1 ED11 SN53)

(information is crown copyright from 1911 census)
                      David

I

Comment

This is fantastic! Many thanks to you both I hope you both read this.I had just found Victor`s marriage half an hour before I posted,so I have no info about Victor`s and Hilda`s families.Victor and Hilda were my grandmother`s siblings.I would be grateful if you could supply any info.re children etc. I did have the information about the homes thanks to another member Margaret,but appreciate you both taking time to help me.If there are any family living I would love to hear from them. Evelyn

Comment

Chrissie,could you tell me what G.R. is? Evelyn

Comment

Genes Reunited.
                            Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Have found Victor on 1901 census with another brother and 3 sisters, one of which I presume is your grand mother. To find the names of the children of Hilda and victor you will have to use a mixture of methods to prove connections from searching for Birth certificates, Parish Baptisms, probably the same way you found Victors marriage. As for being in touch with living relatives , Chrissie is right by pointing you to Genes Reunited.
                              Last edited by poytheboy; 25-06-11, 21:21.
                              David

I

Comment

David, thanks for advice.will do . Evelyn

Comment

Uncle John, thanks re GR. Not up to scratch yet on all the genealogy sites.Evelyn

Comment

I just thought I ought to check that nobody else is doing what I'm doing? I'm typing out all the marriage/birth/death details for Evelyn, to send to her in a PM.
                                    I didn't want to do it all and then find someone else has already done it?

Comment

Working...
                                    X