Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Search website

Hi

I have been trying to view some images for Staleybridge PRs at the FamilySearch website in the following collection:

England, Lancashire - Cheshire - Yorkshire Parish Registers 1603-1992

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

For the past week whenever I click on a batch of the registers it comes up "The image is currently unavailable. Try again later."

It is also telling me to sign in to view this image, but I am already signed in.

Is anyone else able to view these images at all ?

I have also found that I don't need to be logged in to view the Norfolk PR images.

Vivian

I just checked it for u and i got the same as u

Comment

A bit off topic I suppose but it has surprised me considerably that the LDS website can show images of original parish registers etc - do they really have express permission to do this? My understanding is that registers belong ultimately to the church concerned.

Just my ponderings!

OC

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
        A bit off topic I suppose but it has surprised me considerably that the LDS website can show images of original parish registers etc - do they really have express permission to do this? My understanding is that registers belong ultimately to the church concerned.

Just my ponderings!

OC
        OC, Is it any different to Ancestry publishing parish registers?
        Elaine

Comment

Dead Rellies

Thanks for checking - will try again in another week or so.

Comment

Elaine

I'm "assuming" haha, that Ancestry has negotiated a copyright agreement with the owners of the parish registers.

As the LDS is the nonprofit making face of the LDS, I think it's a bit cheeky if they are riding along on ancestry permission.

OC

Comment

The site has a report a problem on the page so copy the link on your thread and e mail them about it as it may be a problem they dont yet know about or you can phone them.
              I checked some of the other ones which are working.

Its worth a try.

Edna

Comment

Working...
              X