Ancestry how to delete other peoples tree permission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry how to delete other peoples tree permission

I have quite a few of other peoples trees to access on Ancestry and really want to get rid of all but mine ? how do I do it ? cannot work it out or do I have to get the person who gave me permission to view them to delete them ?

its okay figured it out

Comment

Come on then how ????
      borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

do you know Babs I honestly cannot remember ? it was something to do with tree settings ? I think ??? when I remember I'll tell you

Comment

Lol what you like mrs , ok thanks

Comment

it could be as I only have my tree there now the settings to delete have gone ???

Comment

Oh right will have nosy round tomorrow then thanks

Comment

Babs,
                Click on the HOME link and then where you see your trees on the front page, there is a drop down listing from MY TREES. Right at the bottom of the drop down listing you should see VIEW ALL MY TREES.
                When you click on that you will have a box appear with two tabs at the top - MY TREES and TREES SHARED WITH ME.
                On the TREES SHARED WITH ME you will see the option to REMOVE FROM LIST.
                Elaine

Comment

thanx elaine, i was wondering how to do that!

Comment

I dont have that option ??? so maybe its because I deleted all but mine ??

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                      Babs,
                      Click on the HOME link and then where you see your trees on the front page, there is a drop down listing from MY TREES. Right at the bottom of the drop down listing you should see VIEW ALL MY TREES.
                      When you click on that you will have a box appear with two tabs at the top - MY TREES and TREES SHARED WITH ME.
                      On the TREES SHARED WITH ME you will see the option to REMOVE FROM LIST.
                      Cheers for that Elaine , will go have look at that now ;;

Comment

H'm, the tree that appears on my home page which I want to get rid of, doesn't appear when I follow those steps. Does anyone know how to delete it from my front page?

Comment

is it your own tree Lindsay ??

Comment

if it is go to your tree then click on tree settings scroll down and you will see on the right a delete button

Comment

No, it's one that was opened to me - but the owner deleted it and it no longer exists, but it still appears on my Ancestry home page

Edit: got it! Went to 'customise your home page' - scrolled down to the tree and clicked on the dustbin which appears on that section.
                              Last edited by Lindsay; 23-06-11, 19:46.

Comment

Is it in the "My Trees" section or "Member Connect Activity"
                                Elaine

Comment

It was 'member connect activity', but it's gone now, thanks, Elaine

It had been bugging me for months!

Comment

Working...
                                  X