Gildersome Leeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gildersome Leeds

If anyone wants a look up i have the Parrish records indexes for Gildersome Leeds.

Baptism 1813 -1894
    Marriages 1839 - 1914
    Burials 1813 - 1870 & 1871 -1919

Jane

Hi Jane, do you have anything for a Dixon family,living in Gildersome . thanks Evelyn

Comment

Hi Evelyn

There are quite a few Dixon records so could you let me know who you are interested in and I will see what I can do for you.

Jane

Comment

I had never heard of Gildersome before until I found out that my grandmother Eliza Matilda Cracknell was born there on 1st Feb 1878. It would be lovely to know when she and her sister were baptised if possible. Her sister is Martha Edith Cracknell born c1976. Their parents are Charles Ernest Cracknell and Emma (nee Gray).

No rush - just if you have time
        Thank you for the offer.
        Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Hi Chrissie

Unfortunately there is no record of any members of the Cracknell family having been born, married or buried in the Gildersome area. The records I have are for St Peters church but I do believe there was also a Baptist church there so perhaps their records will be amongst those. Sorry I cant help you

All the best

Jane

Comment

Thank you for looking Jane. I think it may have been because the father Charles worked on the railway and the first son was born in 1880 in Lincs and then everything after that went back to South Elmsall.

Kind of you to look for me
            Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Hi Jane, thank you for replying.The names I have are Joseph Kirk Dixon,b 1914c Leeds ? His parents were Hartley Dixon and Cissie Sawyer.I think he was married to first wife and had two sons,one was possibly Barry.His second wife was my mother,Bridget (Doreen) Gilhooley O`Brien b 1924 Dunbar East Lothian Scotland.He was my stepfather.I think they had twins b Leeds? about1950,died a week after they were born.Don`t know their names.Sorry to be a bit vague,it was not talked about! It would be great if you could find anything,thanks ,Evelyn

Comment

Hi Evelyn

I'm really sorry They are not mentioned in any of the parish records I have for Gildersome. The dates covered are as follows:

Baptism 1813 -1894
                Marriages 1839 - 1914
                Burials 1813 - 1870 & 1871 -1919

When you gt back a little further maybe I will be able to help you then.

Good Luck

Jane

Comment

Hi Evelyn

Joseph Kirk Dixon was born in DEc quater 1913 and was registered in Bramley West Yorkshire. These records have just become available on Ancestry. There is a thread on here about it. Also they can be seen on Ancestry at the libraries. I hope this helps.

Jane

Comment

Hartley Dixon maried Anna Sawyer in June quater1907 in Wakefield.
                    Joseph Kirk Dixon was born Dec quarter 1913 in Bramley West Ridingb Source freeBMD

All the best

Jane

Comment

Two other possible children for them are Frank b 1910 and Ellen b1908 in Bramley west Yorkshire. 1911 census. But I think they have Anna down as Hannah b 1883 Bramley??? Hartley is down as bieng born 1884 in Bramley.

This is possibly him (Source freebmd)

Surname First name(s) District Vol Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Births Dec 1883 (>99%)
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIXON Hartley Bradford, Y. 9b 54

Jane
                      Last edited by Jane Richards; 24-06-11, 18:15.

Comment

Jane

I think you may have something there.I seem to remember a name Nellie which could be a nickname for Ellen.thanks for info.on library access,I may be able to get something there.It was good of you to look it up for me.Many thanks Evelyn

Comment

Jane ,I meant to ask you what Free Bmd was. Is it the L.D.S site? Evelyn

Comment

Julip, Free BMD ( Birth Marriages and Deaths) is available on Ancestry or you can go direct to it here

Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Kat, thank you for that,will check it out.Evelyn

Comment

Gildersome Burials

Jane Richards;2289412]If anyone wants a look up i have the Parrish records indexes for Gildersome Leeds.

Hi Jane, I found your offer while searching for the burial of my great great great grandfather, Jonas Procter/Proctor who died in Holbeck on the 21st of September 1865. Whilst he died in Holbeck a death notice gave his residence as Gildsersome , previously Pudsey. I would love to find where he is buried so one day I could visit him. I have a great deal of information about the Procters of the above places that I am happy to share if that is of
                                any interest to anyone.
                                Regards,
                                Helen Williams
                                Cohuna
                                Victoria
                                Australia

Comment

HI Helen

Sorry I cannot find any sign of the Proctor family in Gildersome. I have looked in the St Peters Church records:-
                                  Baptism Index for 1813-1894
                                  Marriage index for 1839-1914
                                  Burial Index for 1813 -1870

The only record I can find of a Proctor is the death/burial of William Proctor an infant buried on 5th Feb 1860 in Gildersome.

All the best

Jane

Comment

Hi Helen

I put a request on Genes reunited for you. This is what has come back thanks to Tempsest and Reggie.

do you have this?

England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1966
                                    about Jonas Procter
                                    Name: Jonas Procter
                                    Probate Date: 24 Apr 1866
                                    Death Date: 21 Sep 1865
                                    Death Place: Yorkshire, England
                                    Registry: Wakefield

administration granted to James Procter of 7 Nineveh Holbeck

The Friends of Holbeck Cemetery are a community group founded in 2001 in response to growing concerns about the gradual destruction of this wonderful area . We are working towards promoting  the ar…

there are a couple of email addresses on there to request family research assistance, they may be able to help.

I hope this helps you find him

All the best

Jane

Comment

Jane ,
                                      I wondered if you could place the burial place of my stepfathers family which you very kindly helped me find before .see above .Your info .was a great help and I managed to trace back quite a bit on the family .My stepsister is hoping to visit shortly and it would be great if she could find their graves . Would they have been buried in Gildersome do you think ? Any help would be appreciated . Family members are ...........

Hartley Dixon b 1884
                                      Cissie Sawyer (wife )b 1883
                                      Joseph Kirk Dixon (son) b 1913
                                      Ellen Dixon (dau) b 1909

Evelyn

Comment

Hi Evelyn

I couldnt find them in Gildersome but then my burial records only go up to 1919. Do you know hwen they died.

I'm a bit confused with some of the names. Ellen is she Ella b 1908 Bramley
                                        Cissie Sawyer is she Hannah born in Wakefield 1883
                                        ?anna and Hartley married in Wakefield June 1907

1911 census

Hannah b 1883
                                        Hartley b 1883
                                        Ellen b 1908
                                        Frank b 1910
                                        Joseph K b 1913

Sorry I do not have access to ancestry to be able to give you any more details.

I could not find deaths for any of them on FreeBMD.

Sorry

Jane

Comment

Working...
                                        X