Altering Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Altering Settings

In the last few days I have been unable to change either my Avatar or Signature details. Never had any trouble
    prior to the upgrade of the forum some days ago. Is there anything that I have missed, am going through all
    the right (I thought) motions.
    Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Can you tell us what browser you are using, plus version.
    Elaine

Comment

Elaine,
      I run two computers running into a modem with multiple input ports. One computer is running IE9 with windows 7
      SP1 and the other is running IE8 with windows XP SP3. The actions I was trying to complete were done by the latter.

David

Comment

There are occasional issues when people use older version of browsers, but obviously not the problem in your case!
        I have no idea. Have checked the vBulletin forums and cannot see any other similar problems.
        I'll mention it to Tim - he might have a suggestion.
        Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine, I will try to change the settings using the other (Win7) in the morning and see what happens. I usually
          change computers in the afternoon, mainly to keep the oldie in shape.

David

Comment

Tim had a look last night, cannot see any reason why you are having problems chaning avatar or signature. Did it work on your other computer?
            Elaine

Comment

Elaine,
              Nope just the same, also having trouble when in advanced to get a smilie to load, if it does it usually comes up on my screen as a
              alpha combination, but when the message is sent it changes to the smilie. Wierd.

David

Comment

As you say weird. There is always someone that seems to have a problem of some sort following an upgrade. Looks as if it's your turn. I really don't know what to suggest other than clear cookies, cache etc., although you may have already tried that.

I can see why you might want to change your signature ... being reminded that it's only 8o can't be fun!
                We are expecting temperatures here today of around 30o so I'll be thinking of you! ;)
                Elaine

Comment

Elaine,
                  It's night time and the temp is entitled to be 8C:D, however winter in Canberra is an experience a lot of people do not wish for.
                  I can get rid of the temp gauge with no problem, its putting up just a simple signature that is. On rereading the instructions for sigs I think I should go through the bucket rather than just typing my name in. Will try that later and see what happens.Thanks for your valuable time and help.

David

David

Comment

I can see your typed name in the signature - if you are trying to do it as an image then I wonder if it's because only one link is allowed, although we used to allow more than one providing they came within the recommended image size.
                    Elaine

Comment

I would think that more than one image was still allowed noting some of the Wattlers group have more than one image, which would
                      certainly be more than a signature and the temp image. Will try and sort it out in the morning as I am shortly signing off for the night.
                      Cheers

David

Comment

Working...
                      X