New - West Yorkshire parish records on ancestry 1512 - 1997

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New - West Yorkshire parish records on ancestry 1512 - 1997

Guess what I am going to be doing today!!

Sandra

Thanks for letting us know Sandra great news. I'll be searching this afternoon then

Comment

Jumping up and down like a three year old - finding direct ancestors already!!!

Sandra

Comment

Sandra

You seem to be very lucky at the moment with your parish records. Hope you find lots of info.

Not got ancestry at the moment as it has just run out and we are going away for 2 weeks soon. Will definitely renew when I get back.

Can't manage without ancestry for long.
        Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Oh great, just when I've let my subscription lapse. I was hoping they'd offer me a discount if I waited a bit. Off to see which parishes they've got, anyway. Thanks for the heads-up

Comment

Hi Mary,

If you want any thing looking up just ask. I am finding loads as my grandfather was born in Leeds so I have a really big branch. I have just found a sibling of my Great grandfather who I never knew existed.

Comment

WOW!!!!!!!! All my plans for this week in the bin. All my mother's side of the family come from West Yorkshire!!!!!
              Thanks for letting us know ... it doesn't appear on my Ancestry front page yet!

Anne

Back to say I've already found a marriage I've been looking for for 2 years!!!! It wasn't where I was expecting it to be but its definitely the right one. Now I have a free certificate too!!
              Last edited by Anne in Carlisle; 22-06-11, 12:35.

Comment

Link for anyone that wants it.
                Elaine

Comment

Hi Sandra

Thanks for that information. Unfortunately I do not have an ancestry subscription so can i be really cheeky and ask you to look up this family from Leeds.

Joseph Rushworth born abt 1798 (Father) Cloth dresser
                  Martha Rushworth born abt 1813 in Leeds (daughter)
                  Joseph Rushworth born abt 1819 Leeds (son)
                  Jonathan Rushworth born abt 1826 Leeds (son)

Their mother could have been Ann Holmes. I thought Jonathan was born in Gildersome Leeds but I have just received the parish records for that area and they are not there. As Leeds is a big place i dont know where else to look. thanks for your help

Jane

Comment

Originally posted by Sherbertrose View Post
                    Hi Mary,

If you want any thing looking up just ask. I am finding loads as my grandfather was born in Leeds so I have a really big branch. I have just found a sibling of my Great grandfather who I never knew existed.
                    Thanks, Sherbert, that's very kind of you.

I've already made a start, and found quite a lot of people (mainly children who died between censuses) even without being able to access the images.

If I think of anything I urgently need I might take you up on your kind offer, but I have rather a lot of people to look for, so I'll probably wait till I decide to renew my Ancestry sub (which may be sooner than I intended...)

Comment

Fantastic what's coming online recently. I've been going through the new familysearch site with a fine toothcomb for ages, and spent most of last week looking at the Lincs online PRs for my BiL's tree.

I hope they do Lancashire next - I have a lot of Manchester people to sort out

Comment

Hi Jane,

The marriage that you thought might be the one you are looking for took place at Hawarth 16 July 1813. The witnesses were William Thomas and Joseph Fauxthorp (I am struggling to read this name, so it might not be correct).

Martha was baptised, Leeds St Peter's 10 march 1813 father Joseph (Linen Weaver), mother Ann. No sign of a baptism for Jonathon

Sandra
                        Last edited by Sherbertrose; 22-06-11, 15:09.

Comment

Thank you so much for that. I can now send for the records for Hawarth and hopefully begin to find some more relatives.

all the best

Jane

Comment

about half are records that have been transcribed and are available as disc/books from the yorkshire archaeological society. are they all images of the registers? or are some transcripts?

Comment

They are images ..... all the ones I've looked at so far are anyway. I have actually seen some of these records in the archives and I can tell you they are MUCH easier to read on Ancestry than on a fiche in the archive reading room. Plus they are indexed (although as usual some indexing leaves a bit to be desired!)

Anne

Comment

Oh dear, oh dear. I just renewed my sub last week. Looks like a good move. Most of hubby's family is from Yorkshire.
                                Helen

http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...enSmithToo-296

Comment

I think I've died and gone to heaven !!!, I was nipping to Leeds records tomorrow to go through the St. Peter's stuff. No more tilting my head to one side to read the marriage certificates. Thank you Ancestry

Comment

Originally posted by chrisj1961 View Post
                                    No more tilting my head to one side to read the marriage certificates.
                                    Can't you tilt the microfilm at Leeds? You can with the film readers I use here.

Comment

Well, so far I'm finding loads of baptisms but no burials at all. I'm mostly looking for people in Bradford.
                                      Anyone else finding the same?

Comment

I spent most of yesterday on ancestry. I found loads. Birth dates - I was surprised how many were recorded on baptism records, baptisms, marriages and unknown family members.

I also discovered that the records covered part of South Yorkshire as well. There were records for Royston and Pennistone.

I haven't looked for burial records yet to busy with the other records!!

Sandra

Comment

Working...
                                        X