northern ireland birth help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• northern ireland birth help please

I am hoping somebody can help me help a distant rellie with the birth of Thomas James Hamilton Wallace. The information we have is he was born about 1856/57 in Cookstown, Northern Ireland

Civil registration in Ireland didn't start until the 1860s, so you will need to look for a baptism record rather than birth registration.

The RootsIreland website may be a good place to start, but on a quick search I cannot see anything!
    Not sure what sort of coverage they have for County Tyrone.
    Search Irish Family History records online: parish registers; church records; Roman Catholic and Protestant. Irish Family History Foundation online research service for the 32 county genealogy centres throughout Ireland. Largest online Irish Genealogy records database for 32 counties. Ireland ancestry, baptismal, birth, marriage, death, census, gravestone, Griffith Valuations, Tithes, ships passenger lists records. Family History research provided by centres.
    Elaine

Comment

Ireland was all one country before the partition in the early 1920s. As said, civil registration for births started in 1864. If you have a look here, there is someone of the same surname but much later http://www.cotyroneireland.com/churc...1870-1889.html
      Could be worth exploring that site, and subscribing (free) to the rootsweb mailing list for Tyrone.
      Joy

Comment

Working...
      X