Isaac Newton born 1878 went to Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isaac Newton born 1878 went to Canada

He was born in 1878 Hughenden, Buckinghamshire and was christened in Holy Trinity, Hazlemere, 7 July 1878.
    In 1881 he was age 3 with his parents John, a Labourer, age 50, Mary, age 43, Lacemaker, and brothers and sisters in Boss Lane, Hughenden.
    In 1891 he was age 12 with his parents and brothers and sisters, in Widmer End, Hughenden.

It is believed that he emigrated to Canada in the early 1900s.
    I do not have worldwide membership to ancestry - in the Canadian Passenger Lists there is an Isaac Newton arriving at Quebec. Please could someone kindly look to see what it says about him? Thank you.
    Joy

He is the only entry on the page and he is listed as a brother but the previous page also only has one entry and not a Newton.
    Listed as a Mst Mariner (? master mariner).
    Mother Mrs Helena Newton.
    Do you want the image?

Edit - maybe not the one you are looking for?
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Thank you for looking at it.
      No, thank you as it does not say his mother was Mary. How frustrating
      Joy

Comment

Could this be it?

There is a John Newton (1/1804), wife, Alice (second wife?), son Isaac G (12/1854), son Clare (2/1880), and daughter Clara (8/1892). All born England. 1900 US census, Philadelphia. You can view it on FamilySearch. Probably not - immigration year was 1888? Sometimes those numbers are off.

Comment

Unfortunately on FMP records there are a number of Newtons listed as travelling to Canada between 1900-1910, none of them give Christian names/Initials.
          Another way of finding out when he travelled is to look up the 1911 Canadian census - I think this is obtainable on the web (used to be anyway) and one of
          the details given on the census form is when the person arrived in Canada. May be lucky on that one.

Dav id
          Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

Try here Joy. This is the Canadian 1911 census. It's indexed by Province, but it's relatively easy to search it.

I found one Isaac Newton in Alberta, but I haven't time now to search further I'm afraid.
            My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoFamily View Post
              Could this be it?

There is a John Newton (1/1804), wife, Alice (second wife?), son Isaac G (12/1854), son Clare (2/1880), and daughter Clara (8/1892). All born England. 1900 US census, Philadelphia. You can view it on FamilySearch. Probably not - immigration year was 1888? Sometimes those numbers are off.
              No, but thank you for looking for him.
              Joy

Comment

Thank you, both. I have found an Isaac, in find my past, who travelled to Philadelphia in 1899 and am wondering if this is he and maybe he didn't go to Canada after all
                I shall check out the 1911 link, thank you.
                Joy

Comment

Working...
                X