Pdf viewer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pdf viewer

I have Windows 7 on my Acer Aspire One Net Book and have been trying to download the English System Instruction in order that I could print them off to refer to. Not much use if you can only view them on the Net Book and it has a problem.
    I open the PDF Viewer and all seems clear to view but to try and save them to Word Pad seems impossible. I do not have an option to highlight/copy/paste.
    Last night I sent them by email to my Vista PC and could only open them with the PDF but still unable to copy them.
    I only require a small section of this manual for quick reference.
    I am certain that I used to use PDF Viewer in days of old and Copy/Paste into Word or Word Pad and juggle the text around in the normal way. This viewer does not give any options. Is it me? What am I doing wrong please.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Margaret, when you say "PDF Viewer," I assume you mean Adobe Reader? I can select text, then copy/paste into Word from a PDF file using the keyboard shortcuts and the Edit menu. Or are you using a different kind of PDF viewer?
    Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

Some PDF documents are protected, which will prevent you from copying anything. Look in Document Security and see what it says.

It could also be that each page is a scanned image, so you can't copy the text. You could always try taking a screen shot and rhen cropping it.
      Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Dont use 7, but on Vista use the snipping tool for this sort of thing, it seems to be on 7 as well.

Find help and how-to articles for Windows operating systems. Get support for Windows and learn about installation, updates, privacy, security and more.

Comment

Thank you all for your helpful replies. I think the most likely is Wendy's with protection to prevent copy. A pity as it is difficult to read a manual on a small 10" screen all 200 plus pages although I think only 24 pages are of interest to me.
          I have tried to download it and print using my PC Vista but have not had any luck.
          Just one of those things.
          Margaret N

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Margaret, which manual is it? I downloaded the "Acer Aspire One P531H Netbook Service Manual" and could copy/paste from it.
            Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

Lorry,

I have an Acer Aspire 255D net book and no way have I been able to copy and paste the actual manual. I have the quick start up guide which came with the net book that is not much use to anyone. I think that I can print direct from this PDF file (have not tried) but I do not want all 200+ pages I only want the actual English section which starts about page 3 with Touch Pad to the end of article about 20 A5 pages.
              I will only be using the net book when I am away on the boat so do not plan to copy all my PC onto it. I expect that I will get there in the end if the net book does not give up first.
              I sent Acer an email an asked if they could sell me this section but I got very strange sort of reply from distant parts. I then telephoned them in the UK on an 0870 number and the person who answered the phone said that she could re-direct me and it would be a £1.00 minute. I was polite but said 'Forget it'.
              Margaret N

Comment

Have you tried bringing manual down and from that printing pages you want(you should have ability via printer set up to choose pages to print)
                think this is your one but check first
                Last edited by mikeg13; 16-06-11, 00:32.

Comment

Margaret, do you have a link to the manual? Or is it on the Netbook itself? There's a 52 page generic guide here, which may help. It's all in English.
                  Last edited by lorry53; 16-06-11, 08:35.

Comment

As already mentioned the Snipping Tool is the answer I think - if you go to Start and then under the bottom box "Search programs and files" and type in Snip - it will come up at the top. I hane mine pinned to the TaskBar for convenience.
                    Marion
                    There is no absolute truth - and no final answer.

Comment

You should be able to tell your printer to print just the pages you want.
                      Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Thank you all, I will work through your idea's. The manual is part of the system and well hidden.
                        I do not have a wireless printer so will have to take the room apart to reach the plug for the printer.
                        Margaret N

Comment

Originally posted by Margaret N View Post
                          I have Windows 7 on my Acer Aspire One Net Book and have been trying to download the English System Instruction in order that I could print them off to refer to. Not much use if you can only view them on the Net Book and it has a problem.
                          I open the PDF Viewer and all seems clear to view but to try and save them to Word Pad seems impossible. I do not have an option to highlight/copy/paste.
                          Last night I sent them by email to my Vista PC and could only open them with the PDF but still unable to copy them.
                          I only require a small section of this manual for quick reference.
                          I am certain that I used to use PDF Viewer in days of old and Copy/Paste into Word or Word Pad and juggle the text around in the normal way. This viewer does not give any options. Is it me? What am I doing wrong please.
                          Surely you can just print the relevant pages from the emailed version without dismantling the house to get at the printer plug! LOL
                          Margaret

Comment

Originally posted by Margaret N View Post
                            Lorry,

I have an Acer Aspire 255D net book and no way have I been able to copy and paste the actual manual. I have the quick start up guide which came with the net book that is not much use to anyone. I think that I can print direct from this PDF file (have not tried) but I do not want all 200+ pages I only want the actual English section which starts about page 3 with Touch Pad to the end of article about 20 A5 pages.
                            I will only be using the net book when I am away on the boat so do not plan to copy all my PC onto it. I expect that I will get there in the end if the net book does not give up first.
                            I sent Acer an email an asked if they could sell me this section but I got very strange sort of reply from distant parts. I then telephoned them in the UK on an 0870 number and the person who answered the phone said that she could re-direct me and it would be a £1.00 minute. I was polite but said 'Forget it'.
                            Hi Margaret
                            I have a copy of Adobe Writer (not just the reader program), so I can extract the pages that you want as a seperate file for you.
                            If you PM me with an email address and confirm the actual page numbers, I will do that and send you it as an attachment
                            Trev

PS
                            I have been looking for the full user guide online and now can see your problem, as it is pre-installed on your Netbook and only the 'quickstart' guide is downloadable from their site (what a stupid company!)
                            Hopefully, you should find it on your Netbook in this location
                            C:\Book\UserGuide.pdf
                            What is its size?
                            Last edited by TrevorFranklin; 17-06-11, 17:50.

Researching:
                            FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Originally posted by MarionH View Post
                              As already mentioned the Snipping Tool is the answer I think - if you go to Start and then under the bottom box "Search programs and files" and type in Snip - it will come up at the top. I hane mine pinned to the TaskBar for convenience.
                              Marion
                              Thank you for your help but the Snipping Tool does not work either on the actual manual only the Quick Start Guide.
                              Also when I tried to email it to my Vista PC it sent blank pages.
                              I think Trevor has resolved the problem in as much as the company are mad to create this odd situation.
                              Margaret N

Comment

Originally posted by mikeg13 View Post
                                Have you tried bringing manual down and from that printing pages you want(you should have ability via printer set up to choose pages to print)
                                think this is your one but check first
                                http://www.acer.us/ac/en/US/content/drivers
                                Thank you for the link which I opened on my Vista PC and my PDF viewer has worked OK. It looks the same as far as I can tell to the one on my net book.

Thank you Trevor for your offer to assist me but I think I am finally wining with everyones help.
                                Last edited by Margaret N; 18-06-11, 23:15. Reason: updated
                                Margaret N

Comment

Working...
                                X