• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone with world wide membership........look up please

New York passenger lists 1820-1957

Annie Eliza Mottershead. I'm hoping it is the one born Manchester 1880
    PAT

Annie Eliza Mottershead age 24, married, housewife last residence Manchester, destination Scanton, has previously lived in Scanton for 6 years, joining friend Richard Butler, 2403 Cedar A?, Scanton.
    Annie is travelling together with Arthur Mottershead, 25, married, clerk
    SS Celtic departed Liverpool Sept 16th 1904
    J

Comment

Just gives residence (Manchester) and intended destination (Scanton NY). She's 24 and travelling with her husband Arthur (25) a clerk. Their destination is a friend Richard Butler at (2?)403 Cedar Ave., Scanton. They say they have previously lived in Scanton for 6 years.
      Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Snap!

Comment

Thanks Jane and UJ it is my Annie
          PAT

Comment

I'm not too sure now...My Annie was in Manchester in 1901 and married Arthur in Manchester 1904
            PAT

Comment

Originally I posted to say they might jhave married and gone to America on honeymoon, but have now read the posts again and realised they were in America the previous 6 years Sorry!
              Last edited by poytheboy; 13-06-11, 15:21.
              David

I
              Don't always claim to be right, but I'm never wrong.

Comment

But the passenger list said they were living in Scanton for 6 years

Just wondering now if it was just Arthur in Scanton and he came home to marry I can't find him in 1901
                PAT

Comment

But then he'd be on the ?1900 US Census, perhaps.

Comment

There is an Arthur Mottershead aged 25 arriving in Liverpool from New York on 20 August 1904 onboard the 'Campania'.
                    Then the departure of Arthur & Annie from Liverpool on 16 September 1904 on the 'SS Celtic' arriving in New York on 24 September, so it does look as if Arthur came back to marry Annie.

Incidentally, Arthur & Annie also sailed from New York aboard the 'Carinthia' , arriving in Liverpool on 16 May 1938. Their intended destination was 34 Derbyshire Road, Manchester. They arrived back in Philadelphia, USA on 5 February 1939 aboard the 'Manchester Brigade'.

Arthur's WW1 & WW2 Draft Registration Cards are also shown on Ancestry. PM me if you'd like the details.
                    My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

Working...
                    X